Entry 25

Pic is Gee's Cinco de Mayo balloon. Video is my inspiration song.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Dear Oli,

You'll never guess what happened today.

I got a balloon.

I know it doesn't sound that special.. but it is.

I'm currently in homeroom. And just a couple minutes ago one of the dudes from the balloon room at my school brought me a balloon!

My school has a room called the 'balloon room' where you can go buy a balloon for someone. They have all sorts!

And in all my years of being at this school, I haven't received one once (well- except for that time I sent myself a birthday balloon in sophomore year)!

It's a Cinco de Mayo balloon. It's very colorful and very pretty.

But I have no idea who sent it.

The person didn't write their name on the form. He or she just put my name and my homeroom.

I don't understand the secrecy.

Don't they want me to know they got it for me? Don't they want me to thank them?

Apparently not.

Well I gotta go to first period now. Happy Cinco de Mayo Oli!

I'll write in you before I go to bed.

----

Hey again Oli!

I had to eat lunch in the cafeteria today 'cause the clouds decided to rain.

Fuck Florida.

I really didn't want to go inside though. 'Cause that's where Frank and Ray and Bob sit. And I didn't want to see them.

I didn't particularly want to see any of the annoying popular people either.

But I'm better at ignoring them.

The second it started to rain -which was only about a minute after I had gotten to the bleachers- I ran back to the cafeteria really fast.

I didn't want to be rained on.

Unfortunately, the second I walked into the cafeteria, I heard the sound of a certain boy with an Afro call me over.

"GERAAAARRRRDDD!!! COME SIT WITH US!"

Curse his stupid enthusiasm.

I didn't want to be rude though, so I went over to them.

They were sitting on a table located in a corner of the cafeteria where it's darker than the rest of the room.

Ray patted the space next to him with a smile on his face. I sat there.

Bob and Frank were on the other side of the table. Frank just looked up at me in greeting. No hello.

In the past, eye contact would have been enough for me, but not then. Not anymore.

His head went down as fast as it went up and he kept it down, looking at his fries like they were the most gorgeous fries he had ever laid eyes on (which may be true, because Catholic School fries are amazeballs).

Bob waved at me with a smile. I nodded back.

Then I looked to the clock. I still had like 20 minutes until my next class.

Frank didn't say much for the rest of the period, and when he did, he looked at either Ray or Bob and when his eyes met mine for a half second, he looked down.

It felt like a kick in the gut.

He couldn't even look at me?

Bob must have sensed the awkwardness because throughout lunch he kept trying to make conversation with me which was nice.

But Frank...

Enough about Frank. Just thinking about him makes my heart hurt.

Ray and I made more progress on our project. We found some poems to read as part of our prayer service. I'm sure our teacher will like it!

Ray went home after school to pick up his school stuff and some clothes. And he and Mikey are currently having another sleepover ('m surprised Mom isn't throwing a fit about not getting 'proper notice.' I guess she only cares about that when it comes to me).

I think Ray's a good friend for Mikey.

My brother seems to be a lot happier now that they hang out.

And you know who I completely forgot about?

Alice! or Anna! Or whats-her-face! Mikey's girlfriend.

He hasn't mentioned her in a while.

Maybe they broke up...

Fingers crossed.

Or is that too mean...

Anyways, I'm dreading school tomorrow. I don't wanna see Frank. And I hope it doesn't rain again. 'Cause if it does...

I don't even want to think about it.

Ugh.

And you know, I still wonder who sent me that balloon. I hope I find out so I can thank them properly.

Goodnight.

XO,

G

__________________________________________

(A/N: YAY! Two updates in one day. You may applaud me now. :P

This chapter's inspiration song is Curse of the Virgin Canvas by Alesana.

I just want to update a lot to make sure you guys know that I was joking about discontinuing :P

Sorry again about that. <3

OMG MY ROOM IS A DISASTER AREA. MY SIS AND I ARE SWITCHING ROOMS AND SHE JUST THREW ALL MY STUFF ONTO THE FLORR OF MY OLD ROOM. AND I'M GOING NUTS!!!! I'M ACTUALLY SURPRISED THAT I WAS ABLE TO WRITE AT ALL. 'CAUSE I'M SO STRESSED. 8 YEARS WORTH OF MY STUFF ALL OVER THE GROUND. ;-;

Thanks for reading!)

~Ellie