Chapter 23.

"I had fun tonight, Sweets," I say as Sweet Pea and I walk down the road to head back to Sunnyside Trailer Park.

"So... our date was a success?" Sweet Pea asks.

"Definitely" I answer. I stop walking and Sweet Pea doesn't notice a few seconds. He carries on walking before realising I'm not by his side anymore then he turns around and walks back to me.

"What?" He asks as he stands in front of me.

"Kiss me, Sweet Pea" I answer.

"Ok," Sweet Pea says.

We lean in and just before our lips meet, I feel a rush of wind pass me and I get dragged away from Sweet Pea. My arm gets yanked and I fall to the ground at the force. The straps of my bag slip off my shoulder and I see a figure running away with my shoulder bag. Sweet Pea yells something at the thief, but I'm breathing too loud and heavy for me hear what he's saying.

"Oh my god..." I say as I clench my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Sweet Pea asks as he crouches he's down to my level. He pushes my hair out of my face and looks at me concerned.

"Sweet Pea, my shoulder. It hurts"  I answer.

"Let me see, bub" Sweet Pea says. I pull down my sleeve enough to show my shoulder and Sweet Pea eyes widen.

"Is it bad?" I ask.

"It's just badly bruised" He answers. Tears form in my eyes and I pout.

"That person took everything. My phone, my wallet. Everything was in there" I say. I start crying and Sweet Pea pulls me into a gentle hug. I hear footsteps coming towards Sweet Pea and I, and I move closer to Sweet Pea thinking it is someone else who is going to hurt me.

"Karisma, Sweet Pea. You guys ok?" I hear a familiar voice ask. I look at the person and see it's my dad. "I got your bag back, I saw what happened," dad says as he crouches down in front of Sweets and I.

"Thanks, dad" I mutter as he hands me my bag.

"Do you want to stand up?" Sweet Pea asks. I nod and he stands up before helping me off the pavement. I stand up and wobble a little since my body is shaking. Sweet Pea wraps his arms around my waist and holds me steadily.

"Are you two ok?" Dad asks.

"Yeah" Sweet Pea and I answer in sync.

"I'll take you back to the trailer park."

I sit between Sweet Pea and dad as we sit in dad's truck as we drive home. The music plays quietly in the car and Sweet Pea rests his hand on his thigh so his palm is facing up. I entwine my fingers with his and Sweet Pea looks down at our hands. I see dad smiling while looking at us out the corner of my eye and I rest my head on Sweet Pea's shoulder.

* * * *

We arrive home and dad goes off to his bedroom and says Sweet Pea can stay if he would like too.

"I'm sorry, Sweets," I say as I close my bedroom door.

"For what?" Sweet Pea asks.

"For what happened tonight. It ruined our little moment" I answer.

"It's not your fault, you didn't plan on getting robbed. Aside from that, I had a great night and I wouldn't change a thing, apart from you getting hurt" Sweet Pea says. "Let's get some sleep and in the morning we'll see how your shoulder is."