Chapter 30.

This past week, Jughead and I have been completing the tasks to become Serpents, and he's finished all his tasks so he's now officially a Serpents, but I still have one more take and I'm doing it today. Dad doesn't want me to do the Serpent dance so instead, I have to do a car race.

I stand on the side of the road with Sweet Pea, and today is the day I have to do a race with the best driver in the Serpents. If I win I become a Serpent, but if I lose I just have to keep trying. Archie, Reggie, Cheryl, Betty, Veronica and Jughead stand by Archie's dad's truck, and all the Serpent, apart from Sweet Pea, Fangs and Toni since they're standing with me, stand behind the car of the Serpent driver.

"You ready, Jones?" Fangs asks me.

"Yes," I answer, watching as my dad walks over to us.

"If you lose don't be embarrassed, no one has ever beat him on their first go" dad says, referring to the Serpent driver.

"We'll see about that" I reply, slightly smirking, and Sweet looks at me confused.

"Also don't injure yourself," Dad says before walking off.

I get into the car and Sweet Pea gets walks up the window. "Please be careful," he says, leaning in the window. I peck his lips and smile.

"I will, I promise" I reply. He looks at me unsure and hesitantly moves away from the car.

Once FP announces that the race is about to begin, I turn on my car and so does the other guy. Toni starts to walk toward the cars since she's always the flag girl, but Cheryl takes the flag from her and walks past. "Move it cha-cha, this is my time to shine," Cheryl says, standing in front of the cars. She puts her hands up and I grip the starring wheel, revving the engine of the black mustang I'm driving. Cheryl quickly moves her arms back to her sides, signalling is to start, and I step on the pedal causing smoke to form from my tires skidding on the ash felt.

I speed down the road, slightly behind the other guy, I shift gears and my car speeds up, ending up next to the Serpent. I hear him yell and he swerves hitting the side of my car. I jolt sideways but manage to stay straight. I shift up a gear and push down the petal speeding up. I'm ahead of him and see the turn around point coming up. I start slowing down because I'm going too fast to do a U-turn on the two-lane road. I start turning around and get cut off by the guy drifting to turn around. He speeds off and I quickly drive down the road, going as fast as I can. I shift gears and go even faster, I push the pedal as far down as it goes and the guy pulls sideways, so he's driving in the middle of the road and I can't pass him.

Sweet Pea POV:

Karisma gets stuck driving behind the other drive, since he's driving in the middle of the road, and I look over at FP to see him looking worried.

"Isn't that cheating?" Fangs asks.

"Yes, but Karisma is smart, she'll find a way around it" Toni answers.

"Hopefully" I whisper, looking back at the cars, that are getting close to finishing. I hear the other guys cheering as the guy driver is still in front, and I notice Karisma pulling sideways.

"What is she doing?" Jughead asks, sitting next to Toni on the hood of the truck.

"Well there's a slight ramp looking thing on the side of the road, so if she hits that on the right angle she will manage to get in front" Toni answers, and Karisma starts aiming for the ramp. She manages to hit the ramp on the right angle and get in front of the driver. I smile and hear FP cheering.

Karisma speeds up and drives towards the finish line. Karisma wins the race and everyone, apart from a group of other Serpents, cheer for her. She gets out of the parked car and I see her looking at me with a big smile. I smile back and she comes running to me.

I engulf her in a hug and she wraps her arms around my neck, but since she is quite a bit shorter than me her feet aren't touching the ground.

"Alright, lovebirds, that's enough. We've got a new Serpent" FP says, holding a leather jacket. Karisma and I stop hugging and she turns to FP. "Well done, Karisma, you're officially a Serpent. Now you just need a tattoo" FP says as he helps Karisma put on the Serpent jacket. All of us cheer and Karisma smiles.

"Welcome to the Serpent crew," Toni says. "Guess, I really will be giving you the tattoo after all."