Chapter 64.

Jughead

Sweet Pea paces as we wait in the waiting room for any news about Karisma. Footsteps come into the room and Betty, Kevin, Archie and Veronica come running towards us. "Have you heard anything?" Archie asks, worriedly.

"No" dad answers, miserably, and they all sit down.

A doctor walks out from the corridor and looks at us. Dad stands up and Sweet Pea stops pacing. "I've got some news about Miss Karisma Jones," the doctor says as he walks towards us.

"Good or bad?" Dad asks, worriedly.

"In between" the doctor answers.

"Well..." Sweet Pea says, impatiently.

"The surgery for getting the bullet out went well and we managed to get it out, it wasn't deep enough to damage anything internal" the doctor announces, making everyone slightly smile.

"That's good, but you seem like you have more news," Betty says.

"The other news is that Miss Jones is in a coma right now," the doctor says.

"Can we see her?" Sweet Pea asks.

"Yes, but only two of you can go in. She will be in pain for a week or two, and at this stage, we are unsure when she will be released" the doctor says.

"Thanks, doc," I say.

"Just doing my job, now who is going to see Miss Jones?" he asks.

"You guys go, you're her family. I'll see her later and stay with her so you can get some sleep at home" Sweet Pea says. Dad and I nod then follow the doctor to Karisma's room. We arrive at Karisma's hospital room and the doctor lets us into the room.

* * * *

Sweet Pea

I walk to the doorway of Karisma's hospital room and I see Karisma laying in the bed, wearing a hospital gown, and she has a needle in her arm and breathing tubes in her nose. "If you need anything either come to the reception or use the button on the hospital bed," the doctor says. I nod and walk into the room. The doctor closes the door as he walks out and I tear up at the sight of my lifeless looking girlfriend.

"It should have been me."

* * * *