Chapter 27.

I lay on Sweet Pea's bed as he sleeps beside me. He shifts a little and his arms. I sigh and lay my head on his bare chest. I trace shapes on his bare chest and his hand runs up and down my side.

"Why are you awake this early?"

"I can't sleep" I answer blankly. "Sweets, just go back to sleep."

"I'm not going back to sleep until you're asleep, I know a way to make you sleepy," he says. He picks me up and carries me into his bathroom.

"You get in and I'll be right back," he says, turning off the bathtub. I nod and he walks out of the bathroom to do whatever he is going to do. I sit in the bath and he walks back into the bathroom. He sits down on the closed toilet and I look at him confused, earning the same look back. "What?" he asks.

"Are you going to get in?" I ask as I sit up more. Sweet Pea shakes his head and pout because I just want to lay with him.

"Just relax, Bub. I'll be right here" he says. I give him the puppy eyes and hold my arms out towards him.

"Fine, I'll join you," he sighs, giving in. He takes off his clothes and slides in the bath behind me. I lean against his chest and Sweet Pea kisses the top of my head as he wraps his arms around my waist. "You happy now?"

"Yes."

* * * *

When we arrive in Greendale, Jughead pushes Penny to the ground and removes the black pillowcase from her head. I stand next to Toni and Sweet Pea stands on the other side of me, Fangs next to him.

"Where am I?" Penny questions, slightly out of breath.

"You're in Greendale" Jug answers. "our new home, frankly, Penny, I don't care where you set up shop but it's not going to be in Riverdale, and it's not going to be with the Serpents. You wanna deal drugs? Wanna you extort people? That's your business but not on the Southside, that belongs to us."

"You stupid, cocky kid, the Serpent law says you can't hurt one of your own," Penny says, pulling her sleeve to reveal her Serpent tattoo.

Jughead turns to me and takes off his Serpent jacket. I take it and awkwardly stand against the truck. "Oh Penny, it's time to teach you a lesson," Jug says. "Grab her!" Sweet Pea and Fangs grab Penny's arms. I look at Jughead and see he has a switchblade in his hand.

"Jughead" I mutter as he crouched down in front of Penny.

"That tattoo doesn't make you a Serpent," Jughead says, grabbing Penny's arm.

"What are you doing? Get off me! Get off me!" Penny yells, terrified. Jughead cuts Penny's tattoo off her arm and I look away as Penny screams in pain.

"Don't come back, Penny" Jughead says, sternly, and pushes her back.

Sweet Pea and Fangs walk back over to Toni and I, and I look at Jughead with a 'what the fuck did you just do' look and all I can think of is how dad is going to react to this news.

"Let's go!" Sweet Pea shouts, standing near one of the trucks, and I draw my attention away from Penny, who is crying in pain on the ground. I walk over to Sweet Pea and Jughead, and they both look at me.

"What?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"You're going with Jughead" Sweet Pea answers.

"You're going to want to be home when FP finds out, you don't want to leave Jughead by himself."

"Oh, so now you guys are both experts in what I want?" I ask, annoyed, and roll my eyes.

"Karis-" Sweet Pea says, but I walk over to the truck and get in.

I look in the side mirror and see Sweet Pea saying something to Jug, then he walks over to the truck and opens my door. I turn away from him and cross my arms, but Sweet Pea turns my head and kisses me. I try not to kiss but I give in.

"Come over after?" Sweet Pea asks after we kiss, and I nod. He kisses my forehead and closes the truck door, then gets on his motorbike and Jughead gets in the driver's seat of the truck.

Jughead told dad about what happened with Penny and he didn't take it too well at first, but then he settled down after Jughead said something else.