1 Month later

it was a long month of recovery and i wanted nothing more but to get my children and Queen and get the hell out. 

After weeks of trying to get my mother to move in the home i brought when Queen i took a break, she finally agreed taking April and JR with her. i knew she didn't like moving off the grid so soon, especially when she had her own home and her own life but she made it perfectly clear that once Queen and i were discharged she had a place to stay. 

Apparently she had a boyfriend she never told me about and he asked her to move in with him, but he lived out of the city so i didn't even make a fuss and there was no reason for me to make a fuss. i was just happy she was happy and willing to stay with April and JR. 

The door sung open and i looked up from packing the three bags with bottles diapers onesies, etc. the nurses were very nice and pulled a entire care packages for me and Queen. I smiled seeing my mother at the door, "what are you doing here?" she walked to me giving me a huge hug. 

"you don't think i was going to let my babies drive a 9 hour drive do you?" she frowned "you're just getting on your feet, i don't need you behind no wheel" 

"i didn't want you in the city" 

"i... Dont ... Care" she said grabbing a bag, "where are the babies? i brought 1 car seat and cleaned out April and Jrs old ones" 

"the nurses were bringing them in here so i can dress them. then i have to go get Queen" i said clearing my throat. my mother gave me the eyes she always gave me when she knew i wasn't telling it all. to be honest i wasn't telling it all to myself either. 

"what's going on with Queen?"

"I don't know if we're going to make it after this one" i signed "i'd just asked her to marry me.. and now the car thing. She hasn't said a single word to me, i tried to get us in the same rooms so we could see the babies together, she wasn't having it. i visited her and she just won't look at me." 

the door opened again, this time it was the nurses with my babies: Nala, Nasir, Jada 

"need help here?" my mom asked but i shook my head no "can you go check on Queen for me?"

she nodded walking out. 

Queen. 

I was packing my bags when a knock was at my door, "i swear to God, Drew i told you i will meet you in the --" Ma came in with a very small smile on her face. i gulped and could feel my throat tighten up and tears fell from my eyes. she rushed to my side, i knew she came to visit us but from my understanding i was in a temporary coma when she was here, i wished she'd stayed till i woke up. i would have rather seen her face then Drew's. I dreaded moving in the same home as him, sleeping in the same house as him, i didn't want to think his name, hear his voice, and i had to drive in the same car as him for hours. 

"you are strong Queen, with beautiful healthy babies and you are alive" she kissed my forehead "and you will be okay, you don't have to speak to Drew until you are ready, you don't have to be with him if you don't want to but you are going to want to eventually forgive him. Hate can be a powerful thing and can destroy anyone who lets it destroy them." 

i removed myself from her, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. my hair in a messy bun and face still bruised from the accident, the swelling went down a lot by now but i stilled looked in pain. 

i was still in pain. 

i sat down, catching my breath and thankfully when the nurse came in with the wheel chair "someones ready to be discharged huh?" 

Not in the slightest.