Untitled Part 17

"So, you think you can last high school?" Dad asked me as we walked down the street.

"Yeah. Rose may make it harder but I don't care, so long as she doesn't bruise or break me," I replied with my hands in my pockets.

"That's my girl!" Dad cheered quietly.

There was a brief pause. "Can I tell you something? I asked.

"Sure," he replied.

"I googled my parents and... I don't think I liked who they were. Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"No, if they were bad people then why should you like them. As much as they raised you for four years, if they're people you don't like then why should it matter?" Dad said.

"I guess. But they're the ones who gave me life, shouldn't I at least be grateful?" I asked.

"Maybe, but that doesn't mean you have to like them. What did they do?" Dad asked.

"Well... my dad raped my mom which resulted in me and Queenie. My mom kept us with him and set the house on fire on purpose, trying to kill me, Queenie and my dad," I explained.

"That's a lot worse than I was expecting," He said.

"What were you expecting?" I asked.

"I don't know, but not that level," He said.

The evening was cool but light, so we let Circa run around in the park while e sat and talked.

"Do you miss having the roommates?" Dad asked me.

"Yeah, but I see them often enough, why?" I asked.

"Just wondering, because I bet you'll have loads of roommates like that," He said, laughing.

"Honestly wouldn't be surprised," I shrugged, laughing too.

"Are you going to do YouTube?" He asked.

"I don't know. There are so many things I want to do that I never really thought about jobs and stuff," I admitted.

"Consider it," Dad said, "I bet you could do it."

It got dark very quickly so we called Circa over and clipped the leash back on her, then walked back home. By the time we got back it was nine. I had Spanish homework to do but I could do it in five minutes.

\/\/\/\/\/ The Weekend!

Finally done with the first week of high school! Yes! And now I'm exploring an abandoned barn house with Dad, Sam and Colby. Sweet!

"Ready to go?" Dad asked. I slipped on my jacket and went downstairs.

"Yes, just need shoes," I said, getting my hiking boots on. I have them for exploring and when me and my friends to go into the forest. I love them. They're so comfy! After tying up the laces I got up and we left to meet at Colby's house.

Brennen answered the door and let us in. Sam hadn't got here yet so we had a small wait. In this time, Bradley managed to get me to play with him in his room with his toy cars.

"That one's my favourite," Bradley said, "But you can have it."

"You have it, I want that one," I smiled and pointed to the green car he had that was Lamborghini.

"Ok," He said happily and handed me the car. He had one of those road mats where it had a small town on it, so we began 'driving' around on there and having races around it. I let him win of course.

"Quinn! We have to go now!" Dad called up the stairs.

"Sorry, Bradley, you heard, I have to go," I said, giving back the car.