Untitled Part 27

Why am I the first one here? NowI have to wait for my friends. Scrap that, Kix just got here. He came over to me. "You ok?" I asked.

"I've been better," he replied, "You?"

"I've been better," I copied.

We sat in the usual spot for us at this park, up the tree. There was room for all of us in this tree, even with giants like Noah. Who, speak of the devil, just arrived. He joined us in the tree.

"How've you guys been?" He asked.

"Ok," I sighed, "The old roommates cheered me up."

"Lucky. All I have is a shitty younger brother who doesn't know what death is apparently," Kix groaned.

"Isn't your brother, like, ten?" Noah asked.

"I don't know anymore," Kix replied.

"Glad you're not my older brother," I joked.

"If you were my sister, I'd be protective," Noah said, "but considering I have an older sister, I can't."

"I can imagine you being a protective brother," Kix said, "you're already very protective of Quinn anyway."

"You all are," I pointed out.

"We're all what?" Queenie asked, climbing up the tree.

"All the boys are protective, aren't they?" I asked her as she sat in her usual spot. 

"Hell yeah," She replied.

"No we're not! Ask Matt and Alfie, they just got here," Kix said, defensive.

Alfie and Matt came over to the tree and climbed up to their usual places. It was me on a thick branch which I shared with Jack. Noah sat on the on adjacent with Alfie. Queenie sat below me with Kix and Matt, but on separate branches.

"Right, Alfie, Matt, you boys are protective, do you agree?" Queenie asked.

"No!" Alfie said, "We're not protective."

"Yeah, who's saying this?" Matt asked.

"Quinn mostly," Noah said.

"Quinn do you want us to be protective?" Alfie asked, "because we can be worse if you want."

"No thanks," I replied, laughing.

"Hey, do you remember when we wanted to spend the night in the tree so we put up a huge hammock but Quinn fell out and got knocked out?" Matt asked, laughing.

"Funny for you guys, I'm the one who has a scar," I said, laughing too.

"Can you still see it?" Kix asked, looking closely at my forehead.

"Yeah, but it's faded a lot so it's hard," I said.

"When was this?" Queenie asked.

"When we were, like, five?" Alfie said, questioning himself.

"That sounds right because I think I had just moved to The Three-Bulges' place," I said, "After that fight I'd got in."

"You never actually told us about that," Noah said, "Tell us now!"

"So there was this girl and oh my God, she bullied me and I always got the blame. I hate that place, seriously. Well, I ended up fighting back and I accidentally shoved her down the steps outside and she cracked her head open," I said, talking fast at the end. 

"Jesus Quinn, you're a killer," Matt said.

"I didn't mean to!" I defended, "She punched me and gave me a black eye!"