Untitled Part 28

"QUINN LYNNETTE CASTEE! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!" I heard dad shout. Oh shit. I got up and went down fast in my pyjamas. He was holding a letter in his hand and looked more than angry. Terrifying even. "What is this?"

"I don't know..." I trailed off. The paper was put into my hands.

Dear Mr Castee,

Your daughter, Quinn Castee, was caught yesterday trespassing in private grounds. She has been given a warning and it does not go on her criminal record. We wrote to tell you due to you being too busy yesterday to pick her up....

"Shit," I cursed.

"Care to explain?" Dad asked, almost a threat.

"Not really," I said.

"QUINN," he warned.

"I didn't think we'd get caught we were careful I told them to run and they didn't so I went with them!" I rushed out in one breath.

"Don't you ever do that again," Dad said, still looking pissed, then yelled, "Do you realise how much danger you were in? Or how much that a simple thing like that could affect your future? How much you would miss out on? Are you out of your mind? It doesn't matter if you're careful or not, things can still go wrong!" I stayed silent and stayed looking down. I can't face him. I had no words for his yelling. "You're grounded. No Xbox. No phone."

He held out his hand for my phone that was in my hand. Sighing, I handed it over. "How long?"

"Not sure yet, I'll decide later," he said, "But one thing for sure, no more exploring for you any more."

I looked up, "Are you kidding?!"

"I'm serious, Quinn. I was wrong to take you and I can't risk it anymore. After this, it could be a criminal record," Dad said loudly.

"BUT YOU DON'T GET CAUGHT!" I shouted.

"YES WE DO! DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THAT TIME I HAD A GUN TO MY HEAD?!" Dad shouted back.

"FUCK YOU!" I shouted and ran back upstairs to my room.

"QUINN DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT AGAIN!" Dad replied, following me.

"OH I WILL. FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" I said, giving my middle finger of both hands, then I slammed the door of my room. Circa stared at me. I walked over to her and fiddled with her fur. I heard dad's footsteps go downstairs. "Fuck's sake."

I can't even text the roommates about it. If dad finds out Brennen knew, it'll get even worse. "Guess you'll be seeing a lot more of me, Circy," I sighed. Then she got up and went to the door, pining to leave. "Well you love me don't you."

I got up and opened the door, letting her out, then walked back to me bed, sitting against the wall, holding a cushion to my chest. "Jack. I miss you. I want you back. You shouldn't have left us. It was too soon." I had small tears running down my cheeks. I can't get over it. I just can't.

"Quinn!" Dad called.

I got up, wiped my tears, and went downstairs.

"I'm sorry, dad," I sighed.

"It's ok," he said in reply, "You been crying?" I nodded, sniffing a bit. His arms opened up and I went into them. "Am I really that bad?" Dad joked.

"N-no, it's-s n-not that," I stuttered.

"What is it Then?" Dad asked.

"Jack," I said, voice cracking a little, "what does he think of me now?"