Untitled Part 32

The next day we were back at school so the prank was the talk of our friend group. 

"Quinn, if that's your first prank, what's your next one going to be?" Queenie asked.

"In all honesty, I have about a week to figure that out," I laughed.

"I wish I could swap with you, the prank wars look so fun," Matt said.

"Yeah but in your life, you have the safety of your rooms during the day and night, I have the possibilities of a prank from my dad," I said.

"Or anyone, really," Noah said.

"Which is why I'd love to be in your position," Matt said.

"Well, I think you could be a good help for me," I smirked.

"All of us could," Noah said.

"Exactly," I said.

"I feel like Jack would be great in this situation, y'know. He loved doing pranks on us," Alfie said.

"Yeah..."

There was silence among us until the bell went, time for us to go to class, which for Kix, Queenie and I, was Spanish. 

"Ven rápido y toma tus asientos. Tienes una prueba importante!" 

Oh shit, I didn't have time to revise. I was too busy pranking. I gave Queenie and panicked look and she replied with a smirk. NO! God-fucking-dammit!

We sat down and the test was given out. Then it started. I am delightfully fucked.

/\/\/\

End of the day. Finally. I am screwed with this test. I'd completely forgotten about it and hadn't revised at all. I'll probably have to re-do it. My only concern is what dad would say. He'd probably kick me out of the prank wars. But who says he has to know? Actually, with what happened after the whole police thing, he'd find out anyway.

"So, how'd you find the test?" Queenie asked.

"We speak no words about that stupid test," I threatened.

I was walking home today so I got home and unlocked the door. Circa ran over to me. "Hello Circy!" I cooed and fussed her, shutting the door. I slung my bag down like normal and walked into the living room. What was in there shocked me. Blood. Lots of blood. So much blood. All over the floor. There was a trail. It led up the stairs. Naturally, my curiosity took over and I followed this trail. Upstairs, I found more blood, but more importantly, I found dad, on the floor, eyes shut, blood surrounding him.

I gasped and ran over. "Dad?! DAD!" I shook his shoulder, a little rougher than intended, but his eyes didn't open. "What happened?"

I heard something behind me. Quickly, I whipped around and my eyes widened. There was a tall man, wearing a black hoodie and joggers with a ski-mask on his face. What scared me the most was the bloody knife in his hand. It was also about 10 inches long.

"Who're you?" I asked, half whispering.

"Put your hands up," he said in a deep voice. My shaky hands made their way up. "All the way." My hands went further up. He chuckled. I heard Circa's paws coming up the stairs. I saw her white fur.

"CIRCA!" I called.

"Shut the FUCK up!" The man yelled, pinning me against the wall. I gulped. I'm going to die. I'm literally going to die. "Give me your cell phone."

"It's downstairs," I lied. It was really in my pocket.

"Well I guess we're going downstairs," the guy said. He brought out some rope and tied my hands up in front of me, tight. I mentally groaned.