Untitled Part 40

A FEW DAYS LATER:

Everything's all packed. I've send off a load of stuff already. I'm leaving for home. I'd been given my last pay check from work and said goodbye to Pablo, Julieta, Lucia, Diego and Abril. I promised I'd stay in contact too.

Now we were boarding the plane, dad, Brennen and I. Me being on crutches now. We got on the plane and I sighed, closing my eyes and leaning back. We were at the front so I had space for my leg to rest without being in the way. I hate the cast. It's heavy and just annoying in general.

"Quinn, you Ok?" Brennen asked me.

"I don't know," I replied, sniffing a little. "I hate this cast. Why did I have to be hit?"

"It's not your fault, Quinn," he said and put an arm around me. "But you have someone to meet back home, anyway."

"Who?" I asked, a bit confused.

"Colby and I got a little girl. Bradley has a sister," he said. I gasped.

"What's her name? How old it she?" I asked.

"Missy Jae Brock," Brennen said, "she's two."

"Aw!" I cooed.

"Even better, she's half Mexican like me," he added.

"I can't wait to meet her," I said, smiling.

Soon after that, we were on our way home. Back to America. I was only there last month, celebrating Christmas and New Years. I still missed home a lot but I didn't want to go back yet.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

11 HOURS LATER

I crutched off the plane with dad and Brennen. Colby couldn't pick us up so we had Corey picking us up.

"That's a huge cast," he said to me.

"Yeah, it's horrible," I moaned.

"Well, let's go,"

We got in the car, me being in the front so I had more leg room, which is always a treat because I'm always in the back!

Luckily, it wasn't a long drive so dad and I got dropped off first. Neo ran over to dad and earned a fuss.

"Wait a minute," I said, not happy, "why is this picture up?!"

"Damn I thought you wouldn't notice," dad cursed, laughing. It was a picture from years ago, when I'd gotten really muddy one day. I was covered head to toe in mud. I really hate the picture. "I mean, how can I not?"

I rolled my eyes and went further inside, sitting on the couch with my leg propped up like the hospital told me to do.

"You Ok?" Dad asked, sitting next to me

"I'm going to be stuck in the house for ages, aren't I?" I asked.

"Maybe, but you'll have me and Neo. Plus you have the roommates," dad said, "it's not that bad."

"But I can't do anything for myself really," I said, "I mean, I can't drive or ride, I can't even climb on the counter to get chocolate!"

"Ok, first, things take time but second, how much chocolate do you think I have?" Dad asked.

"Oh that's a good point, you won't have as much chocolate as usual," I sighed, "we'll have to get some."

"The world doesn't revolve around chocolate," Dad said.

"I does for me," I replied, "it's how I got on so well with Jack."

"Of course it is," he said, chuckling.