Untitled Part 35

I went over to the door and saw a Spanish family. "¿Puedo ayudarte?" (CAN I HELP YOU?)

"Somos tus vecinos, pensamos que diríamos hola," The woman said. (WE'RE YOUR NEIGHBORS, WE THOUGHT WE'D SAY HI)

"Oh, lo siento. ¿Te gustaria venir?" I asked. (OH SORRY. WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME IN?)

"Si estás bien con eso," The man said. (IF YOU'RE OK WITH IT)

"Por supuesto, entra, entra," I replied. (OF COURSE, COME IN, COME IN)

I invited them into my living room and we sat down. It was a mom, a dad, an older sister and a set of twins, one girl and one boy.

"Mi nombre es Quinn, ¿cómo se llaman?" I asked. (MY NAME IS QUINN. WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?)

"Mi nombre es Julieta. El nombre de mi esposo es Pablo. Los niños se presentan," The Woman said. (MY NAME IS JULIETA. MY HUSBANDS NAME IS PABLO. KIDS, INTRODUCE YOURSELVES)

"Soy Lucia," The oldest girl said, taking after her mother a lot with dark, thick, curly brown hair and big brown eyes with tanned skin. (I'M LUCIA. MATE THAT WAS EASY)

"Soy Diego," The brother said, also taking after his mom with dark, thick, brown curls and brown eyes and dark skin. (I FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS)

The little girl was shy and huddled into her dad, thumb in her mouth. "Su nombre es Abril," the father, Pablo, said. they looked a lot alike with platinum blonde hair and bright eyes, along with the tanned skin. (HER NAME IS ABRIL)

"Hola Abril, no te preocupes, soy tímido también," I said to cheer her up. (HI ABRIL, DON'T WORRY, I'M SHY TOO) She looked at me with her bright blue eyes and a small smile on her lips. 

"¿De donde eres?" Lucia asked, tilting her head. She looked no older than about seven, Taylor and Bradley's age.(WHERE ARE YOU FROM?)

"Soy de California, en América," I replied. (I'M FROM CALIFORNIA IN AMERICA)

"Guau," Diego gasped, "Quiero ir allí, pero mamá dijo que no." (WOW. I WANT TO GO THERE BUT MOM SAID NO)

"Estados Unidos no es tan bueno como parece," I said "No te falta mucho." (AMERICA ISN'T AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS, YOU'RE NOT MISSING MUCH)

"Pero Jake Paul vive en América," Abril said. (BUT JAKE PAUL LIVES IN AMERICA) I cringed at the words. I didn't particularly like Jake Paul but I don't hate him. I've met him a few times.

"Lo sé, pero también hay cosas malas allí," I said. (I KNOW, BUT THERE ARE LOTS OF BAD THINGS THERE TOO)

There was a conversation between us and then I got a question from the mother.

"Ya que te estás llevando tan bien con los niños, ¿te importaría cuidar niños de vez en cuando?" (SINCE YOU'RE GETTING ON WITH THE KIDS SO WELL. WOULD YOU MIND BABYSITTING EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE?)

"Por supuesto, pero probablemente no sea libre durante el día, incluso los fines de semana," I said. (OF COURSE, BUT I WON'T BE FREE DURING THE DAY, EVEN ON WEEKENDS)

"Esta bien," Pablo said. (THAT'S FINE)

We talked for a while until the younger two got tired. I'd learnt that Lucia's birthday was next week and she was turning seven and the twins were four. They were a happy family from what it seemed. I found out how to get YouTube on my T.V. and began watching dad's old videos from 2017 and before. The first few with me in them. I also went through the other roommates' videos when I helped with pranks and stuff. They're so funny. I love the old days of being seven and going to weird places like the ranch and abandoned houses. And the trips to New Zealand and Australia. I miss doing things like that. All I have now is constant heat and possibilities of earthquakes, floods, maybe a volcanic eruption. Only the last one worried me.