Untitled Part 42

Today is a sad day. Today we send the kittens to the rescue place. Corey, Tabitha, Sethos, Minx and Batty. We only got them yesterday but I love them so much because they're so adorable. I had them on my lap while dad drove. Corey was shaking, scared of the car, and all the others were ok which I found really funny. I was sneezing again this morning, but not badly.

Soon, we made it, dad had the kittens while I crutched inside alongside. The receptionist saw the kittens in dad's arms and understood. He put them on the desk while a vet came out to take them out to examine them. 

"You don't want to keep any? They'll go quickly," The receptionist asked.

I looked at dad pleadingly, "Please?"

"I've said no," Dad replied.

"Please," I repeated.

"No," 

"Dammit," I cursed, "I liked Sethos."

"When you have your own place," He said.

"I did, but I had to move back here," I said, being a smartass. "Please?"

"Let's go," Dad said.

"Fine," I sighed. 

We left the place and got back in the car again, with no kittens.

"Why do you want a kitten?" Dad asked.

"They're adorable, why can't I have one?" I asked.

"Because dogs are better," He said.

"But why not?" I asked, "There's nothing wrong with having a little kitty."

"Neo might be a bit rough with it," Dad said, almost too quickly. He's lying.

"What?" I asked.

"What?"

"What aren't you telling me?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied.

"Why can't we have a cat?" I asked.

"Because you're allergic to cats," He got out finally.

"No I'm not," I said, "I fuss cats all the time."

"You end up sneezing and end up with itches on your arms and itchy eyes," Dad said.

"No I..." I trailed off. I do. "How'd you know?"

"Said on the ancient files when I first got you," He said, "It's not bad but not good for you."

"So that's why you hated it when cats came in the yard at the mansion and I fussed them," I said.

"Yes," Dad said.

"And the others knew?" I asked.

"Yes," He said.

"And you didn't tell me because...?"

"Because you liked cats, sort-of," Dd explained

"I prefered dogs," I said, "But what about Queenie? She definitely isn't allergic, he has two."

"Just because Queenie's your twin doesn't mean she will too," He said.

"Damn it," I sighed.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't want you getting worse," Dad said, "But I don't get why you didn't know."

"I don't know either. Surely Three Bulges would've told me," I said.

"You still call her that?" He asked, laughing.

"Of course I do," I laughed with him, "I still don't like her."

"You haven't seen her in what? Ten years?" Dad asked.