Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Andrew was standing in front of the Shrine. Suddenly, he faced the guardian of the shrine.

"I am Devian Shvolik, the guardian of this shrine," he said. "State your name and your business."

Andrew's eyes narrowed as he stared at him and said, "I am Andrew Garen. My business is non of yours. So, step out of the way and let me do my business here."

"Oh, if that's the case, then, you can't pass unless you beat me," Devian challenged.

"You're wasting my time, but I have no other choice," Andrew said as he prepared his stance.

Devian charged with his weapon towards Andrew, but he dodged the attack by jumping as high as he could. Then, Andrew summoned a long strip of ribbon from his sleeve and threw it at his opponent. The ribbon wrapped Devian's arm tightly.

"Parallel Boom!" shouted Andrew. Suddenly, the ribbon was exploding part-by-part until it reached Devian. Then, a big explosion occurred. Smoke covered the area until nothing was seen. When the smoke cleared up, Devian was nowhere to be found. Andrew looked around.

"Nice try, but that won't work," said Devian as he appeared behind Andrew.

Andrew was surprised to see him at his back.

"You're quick," Andrew complimented.

"Thank you," Devian replied, "However, a compliment is not necessary."

Suddenly, Devian disappeared quickly and suddenly appeared with his weapon ready to swing behind Andrew. He quickly swung his weapon and hit Andrew.

Andrew was deeply wounded. His shoulder area was bleeding continuously.

"I shouldn't have underestimated you," said Andrew, trying to prevent his wound from bleeding.

"But, you have," replied Devian. Then, he disappeared with the wind and appeared behind Andrew with his blade beside his neck.

Andrew was nervous. He was thinking of a plan.

"Too bad this has to end real quick," said Devian.

As he swung his blade carefully, a golden chain blocked it. Andrew quickly moved away from Devian's blade and said, "You really forced me to bring out my weapon."

Devian smirked at him. He looked at Andrew carefully and observed him from head to toe.

"So, you must be specializing in explosives," said Devian.

"That's right," Andrew replied. "Since you are the guardian of this shrine, then, you must be an ice magician, am I right?"

"Wrong. It doesn't mean that way. I actually specialize in light magic," corrected Devian.

"Doesn't look like it."

"I was chosen to guard this shrine with all my life. I must return the favor that the frost mages did to our clan by guarding this," explained Devian. Then, he pointed his blade at Andrew and said, "So, it's either you tell me your purpose here or beat me in this battle to pass."

Andrew continued to summon his chain and said, "No matter what happens, I won't tell you."

"So, battle it is. Okay, then," said Devian as he quickly leaped with his blade charging towards Andrew.

Andrew blocked the attack with his chain. Then, he struck back at Devian with his chain, but Devian blocked the attack, too.

The fight was intense. It was hard to tell which is winning. They both seemed to be tired after blocking each other's atacks.