44.Purpose

Your POV

He leans in more then tilts his head to the side, his lips slowly moving. I'm in shock seeing his response. Is this how he really feels about me? My face grows hot and he suddenly snaps. He frowns and swipes his tongue over his full lips, "Aish, what the hell, y/n?"

I laugh out loud, "What? I thought you liked cotton candy."

He licks his lips then bites down the bottom, "Y-yeah." He turns the other way and a smile forms on my face.

"Aww, what's wrong, Yoongi oppa? Are you upset?"

He snorts, "What would I be upset about?"

I scoot closer and he sits up straighter, tensed. It's payback time. If cotton candy doesn't work...

I rest my head on his shoulder and I hear his breath hitch as he grips my hand tighter. I close my eyes and snuggle in. I'm enjoying this way too much. Teasing him always made me nervous. The good kind of nervous. And I like that feeling. You don't know what to expect and where's the fun if you know what's going to happen?

He wiggles underneath, "Y/n, that tickles."

"What? This?" I dig my head deeper into his shoulder and he giggles softly.

Giggles.

GIGGLES.

giGGlEs.

I'm in shock again at the foreign sound.n The cold roommate is able to talk to me normally, hold my hand like it's nothing, and show his true self. He was so low in himself at first and wouldn't really let me in his room or would yell at me if I did. But as the year passed, I began to see him gradually open himself up to me.

"D-don't," he breathes, moving slightly away but I stick to him like a piece of gum. A beating of a heart can be heard clearly. Is it mine? Or is it his?

My heart aches at the thought of him. The thought about him.

"Yoongi oppa," I look down at our hands. Our interlaced hands.

"Hmm."

"You know how you met my mom today?" He nods. "Will I-" I pause. We're not that far into the relationship yet though. Will he say yes? "Will I be able to meet your parent?" As soon as the words leave my mouth, I instantly regret it.

FLASHBACK

Taehyung slams the table with a fist, making me jump in my seat, "Dammit," he curses. "Why do these things always happen to him?" He buries his face in his hands.

He looks so helpless. I don't know what to do, how to comfort someone.

"Why does he have to go through this? Why couldn't it happen to me? Why was he the one who had to be bullied? Why was he the one to be abused? Why was he the one to be abandoned? Why was he the one-" Taehyung sharply gasps for air. "who had to be blind?" His body trembles, his tears roll down his face, dropping onto the table.

Never in my whole life have I seen a guy cry. When a guy cries-especially in front of a girl- you know he's hurting. A lot. Seeing him cry, made me tear up.

END OF FLASHBACK

But before I can say anything, his actions stop me.

His hand goes limp in mine and his head hangs low. His lips part open then close. He smiles, "Yeah, of course. My dad's - really busy but I guess you can meet my mom."

Every single word is forced out, by the way his voice strains at the end. Becuase his eyes hold nothing, I can't read his emotions. I hold his hand firmly, "It doesn't have to be right away. I can wait." He nods and sniffles. I swallow and wrap an arm around him.

He sighs, "Y/n, why am I like this?"

His heart beats against my ear. It's fast but steady. "Like what?" My hands get clammy at the sudden change of mood. The colourfully painted Ferris Wheel seems so childish now, so unfit for a situation like this. Ferrwheels are supposed to make you happy. Make good memories. But why is it that whenever I come here, I feel scared and worried? It brings me those memories that I need to forget but can't. They say you need a balanced amount of happiness and sadness in your life but sadness seems to outweigh more in mine.

"Why was I born like this?" his voice shakes. It's a side I've never see or expected from him. "No, why was I born in the first place?" He's a wreck now, tears streaming down from his eyes. Those reddened eyes. His other hand clenches into a fist and I can't help but hug him.

"Yoongi oppa," I muster out, trying to keep my voice steady. My mind steady. My emotions steady. It broke me down seeing him in this kind of state. He must've been having a hard time, just spilling it out to me, a girl he detested. "You were born because you have a purpose on this Earth."

He laughs bitterly, "Purpose, huh? What kind of purpose can a blind person have?"

I pull back and hold both of his hands, "Well, you like music. You can produce good music for people."

He shakes his head, "I don't see that as a purpose. Doesn't do anything or get out of anything."

"It is," I say firmly. "People can heal through music. Like, don't you feel much better when you listen to a specific music? I sure do."

His head lifts hesitantly, eyes twinkling through the long, black fringes.

My breath gets caught in my throat. Whenever his eyes look directly through mine, I always think he can see. See me.

"What's your purpose?"

I blink and I'm brought back to reality, "My purpose?" He nods, his blank eyes still focused on mine. "My purpose," I think. I feel embarrassed now about telling him what a purpose is and I don't even know it myself. "I actually don't know."

"Then, can I be yours?"

We're at the top now. The stars and the moonlight shines through the tiny window. The view is breathtaking, seeing all the skyscrapers and the city lights beaming underneath from the dark blanket.

"I don't get it," I say as I cock my head to the side.

"Your purpose," he replies. He exhales then smiles, "I'll be the purpose you live."

A/n: Hey guys!!!!! You gave me over 300 votes??!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I don't know how to express the gratitude I'm feeling right now!!!!

This is really still unbelibubble for me... :D

Also, I have a book suggestion for you wonderful readers:

Lost// Min Yoongi by zamidami

It's a great book and I recommend you guys to check it out if you are a Suga stan or an ARMY in general :) I promise you won't regret it!!!!

If you like this chapter don't forget to vote and comment!!! It makes me soooooo happy.