48.Really

Your POV

I anxiously shift on foot to foot with a binder full of assignments. The sun has already set behind all the skyscrapers but people are still busy working, seeing all the lights on in the tall buildings.

All day at work, I was feeling antsy and nervous. I had brought his homework and thought today would be the best day to give it to him. I can't just keep pushing it away. He has to do his work or else, I'll get the blame.

I adjust the heavy binder in my arms and look up at the building. When is he coming out? It's been 10 minutes. I kick a pebble that's by my feet and watch as it skips down the road and stops at another pair of feet. I look up and meet those eyes again. After all this time, I'm still not ready. My breath gets caught in my throat as he walks closer and closer.

He's definitely changed. Slimmer, more piercings and taller. His strong gaze holds mine, and I'm trapped in it.

It hurts. It hurts to see him again.

I let out a low breath when he reaches in front of me. Without wasting time, I do what I have to do, "Here," I shove the binder into his hands. "You have to finish these assignments by next week."

He looks down at the binder then looks back at me, leaving me speechless. Although his hair and body have changed, his eyes remain the same, looking at me with those same emotions. They glimmer underneath the street lamp, making it mesmerizing to look at.

Before it gets awkward, I put on a smile, "That's all I wanted to say. So I'll see you-see you next time." I turn to leave but his voice stops me.

"Is that all you really wanted to say?"

His voice is warm, making me all tingly inside. I clench then unclench my hands and hesitantly turn around. I stare at the binder in his hands, "Yeah, that's all."

"Huh," his voice rumbles deeply. "Really?"

I swallow hard and nod firmly, eyes still fixed on the binder. I can't let him get to me. I can't let him get to me. The binder then starts getting closer and closer until my vision turns blurry. My chin is tucked upwards and my eyes meet his, "You don't have anything else you wanted to say, y/n?"

I look back and forth between his brown orbs, completely absorbed in them now, "I-I"

He tilts his head to the side and slightly smiles.

"I-" I gulp and blink fast. The tears start flowing and he drops the binder. I'm pulled in by his strong arms. The warmth from his body immediately envelopes my cold stiff one. I push down the lump in throat, "I missed you."

He hugs me tighter, hiding his face in my hair, "I missed you more."

I let out a giggle against his chest but more tears flow down. Wait.

We both look up and see black clouds moving. It gets windier and the rain starts to pour.

"Let's go inside first," he holds my hand but abruptly stops at the door. "Wait," he takes out his phone and starts texting someone. The other person instantly replies back and Jimin sighs in relief. "Let's go," he leads me into the building and down the hallway. The lights automatically turn on, lighting up the dark building. He opens a door and locks it after we get inside.

"Why are you loc-"

"For safety," he says quickly.

Safety? It's not safe in here?

There are three bunk beds. 6 beds in total. The room is messy and smells like boys. Not a bad smell though. Just messy. "I thought you guys lived in like, an apartment," I look around.