61.Blank

Your POV

The final bell rings, signaling the end of the day. It's been a long day. I could barely pay attention in class nowadays with knowing that he's still missing. Still out here somewhere. Or possibly dead. 

I let out a sigh and check my phone which has no messages or calls. The other students gather up their books and leave immediately. My body refuses to function and so does my brain. 

It's funny how people go on with their lives knowing that there are others out there who're in danger. You never seem to care or give any thoughts until that situation comes to you. 

"Y/n, could you come here?" the teacher looks at me and waves me over. The class is empty and silent. I must've blanked out for a while. I walk around my desk, fixing my uniform skirt as I walk up to her bureau. When I stand by the desk, she takes off her reading glasses and looks at me. "Has something been bothering you?"

I blink quickly and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, "Sorry?"

She turns her body towards me in the swivel chair, her hands clasped together with her elbows resting on the armrests. "You've seemed to be spaced out in class the past couple of days."

My eyes shift from her to her desk, "I'm sorry." This has never happened to me. A teacher has never told me how I wasn't paying attention in class. They've always encouraged and complimented me on how I'm an example to the other students. 

She clicks her tongue, "You haven't handed in the assignment that was due two days ago either." 

My self-confidence keeps dropping and I look down, not able to reply back without breaking down right there in front of the teacher. 

"Y/n," her firm voice forces me to look up. "Is there something going on at home?" Her eyes soften, not as harsh looking as she was just a minute ago. Nobody knows that I'm an orphan besides the teachers because of my registration forms and stuff. No one asked me this until now. 

I don't say a word but nod. I know not answering back with words is rude but at this point, I'm not myself. I don't feel like myself. He's always on my mind: at school, at work, on the bus. Now that he's gone, my brain is on him 24/7. I can't even read what's on the board because my eyes go out of focus imagining of all the places he could be. How did he get kidnapped? How did the kidnapper get him when there's a passcode? Who is 'I'? 

"Well y/n," the teacher smiles warmly but pitifully at me. "If you ever need help, you know there are people here who could you know- help you out and things." 

Pity. Something that all teachers and people who personally know me look at me through. At least once in my life, I want to be looked at like a normal person. Not someone who's an orphan. 

"Thank you," I muster out. She gives me a nod and I head back to my desk. I grab my backpack from the hook from the side and quietly leave the classroom, sliding the door behind me. 

Being in the dark hallway by myself brings back that day. The day he went missing. I shut my eyes and shake my head. Just thinking about won't change anything. I walk down the winding staircase. With each step, I feel like I'm losing oxygen, unable to breathe properly. When I reach the main floor, I take a deep breath and drag my heavy feet towards the entrance gate. 

Please come home soon. Please be safe. 

"Y/n, you're still here."

I jump at the sudden voice and whip my body around. I see a face that I don't' want to see. Especially right now. I turn away and keep on walking, "Go away, Jongin. I'm not in the mood right now."