70.Confusion

Jimin's POV

"Y-y/n," I hide the gift which I had placed on the ground behind my back. Unfortunately, by the looks in her eyes, she's caught me. 

"IT was you?" her words are laced with pure disappointment. "This whole time?"

I put the gift back on the floor and she lets out a scoff. She stands behind the half-opened door like she's afraid to come out and see me. Why do we always run into each other at the wrong time and places?

I lick my dry lips, "Y/n, just hear me out."

Her eyes narrow in suspicion as she holds the door. Her pretty eyes are filled with doubt and anger. The way she hides behind the door, I can tell she's scared. 

But scared of what? Me?

"Jimin, you don't have to say anything," she says calmly, which surprises me. She didn't cry or yell at me. She tears her gaze from mine. "I know you have feelings for me but this-" she looks at the gift on the ground. "I think this isn't right."

"Y/n-"

She holds up a hand, "Just go. Before I say something I'd regret."

I lift my eyebrows, "Y/n, are you serious?"

She blinks fast before looking back up at me. "I'll talk to you later." The door closes in my face. I'm unable to register what happened. 

I shouldn't have come at this time. She's smart. Of course she would've caught on. 

I put my mask back on and walk back to the dorm. 

"Jimin."

I turn around at the voice and pull down my mask. "What do you want?"

He walks up to me, "I wanted to hang with people, then saw you."

"And?"

Jongin nibbles on his bottom lip, "I need to talk to you about something." He looks around, "Let's go eat and we'll talk."

I watch him go over to a food stand. My brain tries to gather reasons on why he'd want to talk to me. Probably something about y/n.

We sit down across from each other with steaming street food in front of us. The tension is a bit awkward, since what happened last time. He nervously laughs, "My treat."

I nod before eating the spicy rice cake. "Thanks." He watches me eat silently. I lean back in the chair, "So what is that you wanted to tell me?" My tone comes out a bit rough. I'm still upset about y/n.

He sighs, "I wanted to apologize." He doesn't look at me. 

"'Bout what?"

He shifts in his seat then clears his throat. "About y/n."

I breathe out through my nose quietly. Everything seems to revolve around her nowadays. Everywhere I go and in everything I do. 

He rubs his face with both hands, "I really do regret it."

"Hm."

He exhales out loudly, "I was just having a hard time and wanted a girlfriend, ya know? Who I can talk with and stuff." He looks so sincere and honest. His usual playboy look isn't there. Instead, his eyes are softened, more like a sad puppy. 

I loosen my tensed boy. "I shouldn't be the one to listen to this."

He looks up, "Huh?"

I push my bangs off my forehead and smile a little. "Apologize to her, not me."