55.Replay

Your POV

It's like the world stopped spinning. Everything was slowing down and was frozen. My vision dims then brightens again. For a split second, the milky layer that blinds his eyes seems to have cleared when he blinked. A little gasp escapes my parted lips, crossing my fingers for a miracle that I've seen in movies. But when he blinks again, the translucent covers are back, my hopes vanishing into thin air just like that.

It's a heart-stopping moment. Him confessing to me. It was to me, right? It's the second time.

"Do you mean me?" I ask hesitantly, afraid of the denial. My pulse beats loudly in my ears as I nervously wait on the edge of my seat.

He lets out a low chuckle and faces forward, elbows resting on his knees with his hands clasped, "Is there another girl besides you here?"

I lose it. My inner organs burst and I let out a scream, causing him to scrunch his nose. I bounce on the couch and grab his hands, "What the fuck is wrong with you, Yoongi oppa?" HIs jaw drops open and I squeal. "But finally you opened up yourself to me. I appreciate that."

He holds on firmly, "Y/n, calm down. It's like you've seen me get out of bed myself, geez."

I don't care what he says right now because what he said, he really said it. A lightbulb goes off in my head, "Let's eat ramen. They're the best in times like this."

He nods and I take his hand, leading him into the kitchen. He sits down at the table and I quickly prepare our- oh midnight snack. While opening the packets, it reminds me of the first day I met Taehyung. It was really weird how we had just met on the first day and I slept over that exact night. Then, I eventually stayed here. And I'm here for over just a year now.

Taehyung.

I mentally facepalm myself when I remember I didn't even go find him at the party and say hi.

Oh and there's Jungkook. I let out a pitiful chuckle, bringing the finished noodles over to the table. Hopefully, he doesn't fall for her. That raccoon.

"Here," I hand him a pair of chopsticks and try to set down his bowl when his hand bumps into it in the process of grabbing the chopsticks. The hot soup runs on his hand and down his arm. He lets out a hiss, bringing his hand back in and I set the bowl down.

"OMG! I'm so sorry!" I start spazzing out then make him stand up. "Come here." I put his hand under cold water."

"Ah, ah," he bites his lip in pain. The hand is really red but thankfully that's all. He turns his head the other way, which makes me more worried.

"Does it hurt?" I ask when I turn off the water after a few good minutes. I carefully examine the injured hand and he nods.

"Just stings a bit. Don't worry."

"Ok," I curse internally at myself. Why did it have to happen to him? Why do I hurt him more when he's already hurt?

We settle down at the dining table and eat the not-so-hot noodles. My eyes keep directing back to his hand I sigh quietly. How am I so clumsy?

"Are you still in your dress?" he asks after swallowing.

"I am," I laugh. "It's kinda weird to wear something fancy and eat convenience store food."

He shrugs, "I'd like you to wear a dress all the time with me when we eat."

I snort and stir the noodles around, "You don't even know how a dress looks like."

He licks his lips. They're reddened from the spiciness. "Taehyung told me all kinds of things that I should know about girls. So I know."

I almost choke on the slippery string but recover quickly.