SuperFly • XIII

Nastassia Rowe

"You sure you took it right?" Priest asked pacing up and down waiting for the results.

"Yes babe, I know how to follow instructions." I said annoyed.

"My bad babe, just a little excited."

The timer went off and I got up to check the four sticks in the bathroom. I looked at them and let out a sigh of relief. I walked out to Priest who sat on the bed waiting.

"Well?"

"I'm not pregnant babe. They all have one line."

"Seriously?" He asked. I nodded. "Damn. I mean I guess now is not the time."

I felt a little bad cause the past couple days I could tell he was excited about possibly being a dad. It was the first time I saw him come out of his normal serious self. I kissed his lips and sat on his lap.

"You was really excited to be a daddy huh?"

"Yeah.. after thinking about it I got a bit excited. I never even thought about having kids before and just now I was picking out names."

I chuckled. "One day baby. Now just isn't a good time. I don't want my child being born and you're still in the drug game."

"I know Stass. I promise I'm gonna get out."

I raised an eyebrow. "Whatever you say. Anyways, for now we have Cali as our baby." I said looking at Cali as she slept in her bed.

"Yeah, you right. Plus dealing with you two is like having children."

I slapped his arm. "Whatever. Anyways, what do you have planned for today?"

"I'm all yours gorgeous." He said kissing my cheek. "Whatever you want to do, I'm down."

The rest of day we spent doing our usual routine, eating and watching old movies. We were in the middle of watching The Godfather when Priest started playing with my ring.

"I'm ready." He said looking at me.

I giggled in confusion. "Ready for what?"

"Marriage."

My jaw dropped and I paused the movie. "Priest.. that's a big step."

"I'm aware."

"How do you know you're ready?" I asked turning to face him.

"Because I just know I don't want to go another day without making you mine officially. The thought of you being pregnant made me realize I'm not trying to be with nobody else. I want to grow old with you and build an empire with you."

I smiled with tears coming down my eyes. "Priest I love you and I'm happy that you want to marry me, but I think you should think about it a little more. I just want to ensure that you're not making this decision based off your emotions of me not being pregnant."

He nodded. "I get it."

"And when you've really come to a decision and it's the same, the answer is yes." I said kissing his lips and then his neck.

"You better stop before I fuck you and this time I'll make sure to get you pregnant." He said grabbing my neck. I smiled cause he knows when he's aggressive I get turned on. "I'm done with your freaky ass Nastassia, watch the movie."

"Okay daddy." I said smiling and turning back around pressing play. He chuckled shaking his head. "Oh babe, I forgot to say thank you for the flowers yesterday."

"What flowers?" He said pausing the movie.

"The bouquet of calla-lilies you sent to my office."

"Stass I didn't send you flowers yesterday. Did it have a note?"

"It has a card but nothing on it. The back of it had a snowflake symbol."

I saw his jaw clench. "I didn't send you that shit Stass." He moves me from in between his legs and got his phone walking to his office.

I followed behind him confused. "Baby, what's the problem?"

"I'll talk to you about it later. Just go to the room."

"Pri-"

"Take yo ass to bed Nastassia. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you." He said with a stern look.

I stared at him for a minute and just went upstairs with Cali following behind me. I laid on the bed and she jumped on the bed licking my face.

"Why is your daddy so mean sometimes Cali?" I said pouting. "Talking to me like I'm a kid. He be like go to sleep and I go to bed, but when he leave I be up again."

She turned her head looking at me like girl stop. I chuckled and continued to pet her until sleep came over me.

________________

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Sorry it's short, I was just happy about the book approaching 5K and it hasn't been a month yet. Thank you guys for everything and thank y'all for being understanding about my studies. I'm trying to survive this semester without a mental breakdown.

- D