SuperFly • XX

Youngblood Priest

"You doing okay?" I asked Stass as I walked in on her cleaning the whole house.

"Yeah, I think Adia is gonna come soon." She said still vacuuming the carpet.

"You say this so calm."

"I'm ready.. she needs to get her ass out of here anyways. All this kicking she be doing." She said turning off the vacuum and putting it up. She came to me and kissed my lips helping me to take off my coat. "How was your day?"

"It was the same shit. Had to pay those crooked cops today."

She sighed looking at me. "Babe my dad could help you–"

"No! I told you I'm not getting you or your family involved so you can get killed. They don't even know about you, we need to keep it that way."

"I'm just trying to help Priest."

"Well stop asking me the same shit. No one is getting involved. I'm not putting my wife and daughter in danger."

"We're a family babe, it's not just about you."

"Nastassia, are you honestly trying to piss me off? Leave it alone, now." I said looking down at her. She just stared at me and turned to walk away.

"Your dinner is in the oven." She said going upstairs.

"Nastassia–"

"It's fine Priest, I understand. I'm just gonna lay down." She said looking back at me then returning up the stairs.

I sighed rubbing my hand over my face. I know I'm hard on her, but it's for a reason. Sometimes I forget she's pregnant and her emotions are in overdrive. I went in the kitchen to get the dinner she made for me. I ate it looking down at a picture in my phone which was Nastassia and I in Bahamas getting eloped. She decided she didn't want a big wedding drawing attention to us so we had a private ceremony with close friends and family. Of course she never thought she'd be pregnant at her wedding, but she still looked beautiful.

I cleaned the dish and went to my office to get some alone time. I don't want Stass to know that this situation has me stressing. I don't want her to worry, this is my doing and I'll get us out. I know her father could help, but these cops are ruthless. They already killed one of my guys, I don't need them killing Nastassia's father. I know something will come to me soon, it always does.

A knock was at my door. I looked up seeing Stass holding her stomach. "What's wrong babe?" I said getting up quickly walking over to her.

"My water broke, I think you should call the midwife." She said walking out. I followed her and watched her walk to the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked confused.

"I gotta shave, it's a mess down there."

"Really Nastassia?"

"NO BABY IS COMING OUT UNTIL THE PATH IS CLEAR!" She barked at me.

I was a bit taken back by her tone. Usually the emotions I get are calm, happy, and sad. This is the first time she's actually yelled during this pregnancy.

"Damn, my bad." I said putting my hands up. I texted Ari and called the midwife.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, Dr. Jackie? It's time." I said rubbing my hand over my face. I'm finally about to meet my daughter.

________________

Sorry its short, had a family emergency so my mind is elsewhere. Got 100% on my finals, I feel blessed. Thanks for all the support. You guys are amazing, I honestly didn't think this book would be much. You guys inspire me to keep writing. Also, appreciate your loved ones while they're up and moving. No matter how much you feel they did you wrong, pick up the phone and call them. Spread love, be positive, and pray to God! ❤️

- D