30~ The Truth Behind The Island

Mira

The party was in full swing by the time the sun was beginning to set. It carried on into the night. Everyone was loud and boisterous as we all huddled in and around one central building. People drank without a care in the world as grand music played for us.

Zoro and I sat near the back, watching everything. Usopp was telling his tall tales, Sanji was enjoying all the women draped all over him, and Luffy was stuffing his face.

Nami sat down and joined us. "Please don't hold back, drink up!" Igara set tankards down before the three of us.

"No thank you," Nami kindly pushed it away. "I'd rather not drink alcohol."

"Don't worr-" he cleared his throat with the ma. "Don't worry. It's a special drink made of prime grapes that are used to make prime wine. It's flavor is wine itself, but doesn't contain alcohol." Is that even possible? I picked mine up and sniffed it, checking for any signs that it had been tampered with.

I took a careful sip, not expecting to enjoy the flavor. "You're right! It's good!" Nami voiced my thoughts.

"Ah, but Zoro isn't a wine drinker." I started to take his tankard.

"Oi," He pulled it from my grasp.

"We had a good grape harvest again this year." Igara threw his hands in the air. "Now, to celebrate the harvest, we'll have our usual toast competition!" Competition?

"How this works is, you continue to toast and the last one standing is the winner!" Igara explained as people began to ready tankards of wine. "Please join in the competition!" He urged for us to enter.

"I'm in." I said as I took another sip.

"I guess I am, too." Zoro sighed as he drank from his tankard.

Nami held her hands up. "No thanks. I can't drink that much."

"The prize money for the winner is 100,000 berries!" He produced the sack of coins and my eyes bugged wide.

"Another cup!" Nami stood and held her tankard out. If there's money involved, Nami will do anything to get it. "Zoro, Mira, you're participating too, right? You guys don't have money."

"Hey, I have some." I crossed my arms. "And yes, we already agreed we'd join."

"Cheers!" And down went the first cup of the competition. Cup after cup after cup, we drank.

"Whoa! They're on their tenth cup!" Zoro, a random guy, and I set our tankards down. The guy fell out of his seat, unable to continue on.

"The girl is on her twelveth cup!" Two more people fell over.

"Take that!" Nami cried out happily.

I chugged down two more cups, quickly gaining on Nami. They said there was no alcohol in the drinks, but I can begin to taste more and more with each cup. They want us to get drunk and lose all our senses. I bet they wanna rob us blind.

I nudged Zoro and whispered my thoughts to him. He nodded, but continued to drink. I hope he understands what's going on.

After another hour of drinking, Zoro quit. "That's it. I quit. I'm gonna sleep."

I scoffed at him, my cheeks feeling a bit warm. "Light weight. Another round!" The alcohol was just barely starting to affect me. I could honestly drink all night and into the early morning and not be drunk!

"The young man is finally out after his thirteenth cup!" Zoro conked his head on the table, the tankard still in his grasp.

"Ah, but his young companions are still going strong!" I drank from my sixteenth cup and held it out for more.