34~ Little Garden

34~ Little Garden

Mira

"I can see..." I glanced up from a book to see Usopp scanning the waters with his telescope. "A million Little Garden residents are out to greet Captain Usopp!" Oh, he's just fantasizing again. I looked back to my book and ignored him.

"The girl's high pitched cheers... Kisses being blown all over the place..." He's really going all out today. I shook my head and tried to focus. "Really, I'm so popular, it's almost a crime."

"Pft..." I couldn't hold back my laughter. "Usopp, you're funny!"

"Be nice, Mira!" I caught the apple he chucked at my head and took a bite. "Honestly, would it kill you to be nice?"

"No," I took another bite. "You're just too easy to pick on."

"You!" I caught the next apple and tossed it to Zoro.

"Look, free food." Zoro gave me a weird look, but ate the apple anyway.

"Mira-chan!" I looked up to see Sanji sticking his head out of the kitchen door. "I have something for you!"

"Alright, be right there!" I set my book down to go see what he could have. Knowing him, it's a dessert or a drink of sort.

I opened the door to the kitchen and inhaled. "Wow, that smells amazing!"

"Thank you," I sat at the table and watched Sanji walk over to us, a tray in each hand and one on his head. "This is today's dessert, Tarte aux Poires. Bon appetit." He set down the trays and poured us each a cup of tea. For mine, he added an extra dip of honey.

"Wow! Looks delicious!" Nami, Vivi, and Usopp stared in amazement at the food. I quickly took a tarte before Usopp could reach for one.

"Yours is over there!" Sanji jabbed a thumb at the counter.

"Okay!" Usopp quickly raced over to grab one before Luffy ate them all. Speaking of which, where is Luffy?

"Hm?" I glanced up at Sanji as I took a bite. "Where is Luffy?"

"I was just thinking that," I said around my bite. I swallowed before I spoke again. "Normally, he'd be here pestering you the entire time about when the food would be ready."

"Hey, enjoy it while you can," Usopp said as food flew from his mouth. "We actually get to eat in peace and not worry about him taking our food!"

"I guess," I shrugged and took another bite of the heavenly food. I took a sip of my tea to wash down the crumbs and sighed happily. Another perfect pairing.

"Oh, I'd asked him to go draw the water," We all looked to Nami. "I want to take a shower. I think he's at the water drawing machine right now."

"Ah, that's why he's not up here." I grinned and took another sip of my tea. "He's busy. As Usopp said, we can eat in peace for once." Not even two seconds after I spoke, a loud explosion caused me to freak and almost drop the tea cup. I felt my tail fuzz and my nails elongate.

"What the hell was that?!" I shouted as I stood.

"Tell me that's not what I think it is..." We followed Nami outside just as Luffy came out of a small door.

"Ah, that scared me!" He held his hat as he peered into the small doorway. "That thing is dangerous!"

"What happened?" Nami asked as she leaned over the railing.

"Luffy!" Usopp gasped as he got on the other side and held onto the railing for support. "Why'd you break it?!" He leaped down and I peered in. The water drawing machine was busted and smoking.