38~ Snowy Reunion

38~ Snowy Reunion

Mira

We traveled up the wide stream to find a place to dock. No where seemed stable enough for us to land safely. I bit my lip as I scanned the shoreline for a good place. We must have gone halfway up before Vivi spoke.

"Look there!" I followed where Vivi was pointing. "It's a small waterfall of melted snow. We may be able to stop around here."

"So," Zoro looked over his shoulder to us. "Who's going doctor hunting? No, I think people hunting comes first," He corrected himself.

"I'm going!" Luffy was the first to speak.

"Me too!" Of course Sanji would go.

"Okay! Have fun!" Usopp, you chicken.

"I'll go, too." I pulled my coat tighter around me. "Someone's gotta help keep these guys in check."

"Stop right there, pirates!" A voice cut off my next words. I looked up to see people along the edge of the shoreline, pointing various weapons at us.

"I found people."

"Not now, Mira..." Usopp whispered to me. I quickly pulled my hood up to cover my ears.

We looked around and observed the villagers watching us. They didn't back down one bit as they glared at us. Guess this place isn't pirate friendly.

A guy in a thick green coat with armored sleeves and a matching green and white swirled hat walked closer to us. "Attention, pirates! Leave this place at once! This instant!"

"We came to find a doctor!"  Luffy spoke up.

"We have a sick person on board!" Vivi added.

"We won't fall for that trick, filthy pirates!" One of the villagers snapped.

"Please, she's really ill!" I tried to reason with them. "She's had a really bad fever for the past three days and it won't go down!"

"This is our island!" My words fell on deaf ears. "We won't let any pirates land here!"

"Raise anchor and leave here! Or else we'll blow your whole ship up!"

"They really hate our guts," Sanji said as he lit his cigarette. "And we've only just met."

"Don't talk back!" He shot at Sanji's feet.

"They're shooting at us!" He jumped out of the way.

"You didn't just do that!" Sanji growled at the man who fired the gun. "You bastard!"

"Stop, Sanji-kun!" Vivi ran in front of him and held him in place. There was another shot. I watched, wide eyed, as Vivi began to fall. No... did he just...

Seemingly in slow motion, I turned and snarled at the man, katana ready. "You bastard!"

"VIVI!" Was the last thing I heard before I started seeing red. Something grabbed my arm tightly. I turned and quickly snapped out of my blind rage. Zoro stared hard at me, shaking his head. I got the message and rushed over to Vivi to make sure she was okay.

But I wasn't the only one who was sent into a fury. "Why you!"

"Take aim!"

Luffy charged. "No! Stop!" Despite being shot, Vivi got up and wrapped her arms tightly around Luffy. "Fighting won't help anything! I'm fine! It only grazed my arm!"

I watched the villagers closely, waiting for them to move. I'd freeze time and take their weapons. That should help us, right?

"We won't land here!" Vivi got to her knees and stared at the guy in the green coat who first addressed us. "But could we please ask for a doctor! Our friend is suffering from a grave illness! Please help us! We beg you!"