Part 35

It took several minutes for me to shift back into human form.

As soon as I felt my wolf skin melt away, Rafael wrapped me into a giant hug. I nestled against his warm chest, comforted.

And then I remembered Luna.

I drew away and spotted Luna sobbing on my bed. I reluctantly left Rafael's warmth and perched next to Luna.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered. She looked up, her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"It needed to be done." she said firmly.

She pushed herself up and gave me a watery smile.

"I just need some alone time."

She darted off and Rafael grabbed me to prevent me from following her. He swept me into his arms and placed me gently onto my rumpled pillows (from Rafael and Kellan's fight).

"Leave her."

I glanced at Kellan lying, blatantly dead, on the floor.

"Um, Rafael? Can I have a different room?"

I sat waiting in the kitchen for Rafael to sort me out a new room. The pack house was fairly busy considering there was a lot of visitors from other packs and it was going to be hard to find another spare room. Rafael strode into the room five minutes later.

And he looked nervous.

"Um, there's one space...in Amy's room."

Great.

"Or you can sleep in my room" he sounded hopeful but a million different alarm bells started blaring in my head.

"Not...yet" I stuttered and he nodded, disappointedly.

But that left Amy.

"Amy's leaving soon" Rafael reassured me, seeing my apprehensive face. I bit my lip.

"Ok, I mean how bad can it be?"

Famous last words.

I staggered in, and was immediately hit with the overpowering, tangy smell of sickly-sweet perfume. One bed had been pushed to one wall (which I guessed was mine) whilst the one I was sure was Amy's, stood proudly in the middle of the room. Clothes were scattered across the carpet and underwear was slung on one of the bedposts. I could feel my nose wrinkle up automatically.

"Tristan" a feminine voice purred from the en suite bathroom.

"No Amy, only me" Rafael hollered uncomfortably. I rubbed my elbow awkward.

Amy appeared in the doorframe, wearing nothing but a leopard print bra and knickers, her lips coated in crimson lipstick. I stumbled backwards a step and Rafael's jaw dropped. Amy's smirk dropped slightly when she caught sight of me and she frowned.

"What do you want?" she said annoyed.

"Um, you're gonna have to share rooms with Keira" he muttered and Amy's eyes narrowed.

She struttered up to us, making no show to cover any exposed part her body and I cringed. Her flat stomach barely moved as I blushed and self consciously hugged my own wobbly stomach.

"Whatever - she can go in the corner" she said airily.

"Now, Amy" Rafael began threateningly and I placed a hand on his chest.

"It's okay" I breathed "I'll go there"

Amy strutted back to the bathroom (hopefully to put some clothes on) and Rafael looked as though he was debating something in his head. After a minute, he bent down and kissed me on the lips, lingering on my cheek. I shivered and felt my mouth curve upwards in a smile. Rafael glanced up and smirked.

"Oh, and Amy?" he shouted back at the bathroom.

Amy's hopeful blonde head popped from behind the door.

"No boys or messing around with boys in this room, while Keira's here." he said smugly. Amy scoffed clearly about to protest since Rafael was dangling me over my bed, kissing my cheek but he growled.

"I'm Alpha - I do what I like" and I couldn't stop the grin that tugged at my features.

Amy glowered at us and flounced off.