The Board

Millie's POV

"Noni can I please go visit some of my friends and family? Today was my funeral and I wanna see how everyone is doing." I plead the woman as we sat at the table eating the spaghetti dinner she made tonight. I wanted to see everyone before I went to bed. Noni nods and I shot out of my chair, but she quickly stopped me. "Woah girlie, finish your dinner and then we'll go see them. We're in no rush."

I groan as I sat back down and twirl my spaghetti with my fork. I just picked at my food, wanting to go see my parents rather than eat. "You're never gonna finish eating if you keep playing with your food." The woman across from me says. I roll my eyes and stuck the big ball of pasta in my mouth. I look up at Winona and she smiles with a nod before eating.

We finally finished dinner and cleaned up a bit too. Winona grabs the tablet from the kitchen counter and we sat on her bed. "Who do you wanna go see first?" She asks. "My parents." I immediately respond with a shaky breath. Noni glanced up at me in shock before grabbing my hand. "Do you think you're ready?" She queries. I was a little scared, nervous to visit my family. Last time I saw them I freaked out and begged Winona to take me home. It's been a whole month, I need to see them.

"I'm ready. Let's go." I said confidently while the woman squeezed my hand reassuringly. She types away on the little screen and I shut my eyes. The wind blows, then stops. "I just got off the phone with the contractor. The house will be ready for us tomorrow." I heard my father say. I open my eyes and see my family all around me. My little sister Ava and big brother Charlie sitting on a bed playing uno, my older sister Paige sitting by a window looking outside, my mom and dad on the other bed with such long faces. This doesn't look like the last hotel they were in. They must have switched hotels.

I stood up and watched everyone carefully. They were all just so still and gloomy. "What if there's a ghost in the house?" Ava asks while placing a card down in front of her. Charlie rolls his eyes and draws four cards from a deck. "There's no such thing as ghost, dear. And if there is a ghost...well, I don't wanna think about it." Mom says before looking away from her child with visible tears in her eyes. There are such things as ghost, I am a ghost.

"Noni, why don't people believe in ghost and spirits?" I ask as she stood up from the ground to dust herself off. "Because they're scared. Scared that they'll encounter a ghost that they've met before or possibly because they think ghost want to hurt people." The woman explains. I nod and tip toe over to my mother. I stood in front of her before bending down to plant a kiss on her forehead. She rubs her head with a sigh. "Why's it so cold in here? Is anyone else cold?" She asks. I smile.

"I wanna go visit my friends now. Maybe try Noah first." I told Winona. She stood beside me as I closed my eyes, hearing her tap on the screen. There was a breeze, as always, and it stopped. I open my eyes to see not just Noah, but all of my friends in Noah's living room. They were playing with a ouija board. The only light around them was a single tea light candle standing beside the board. They all had two fingers on that little triangular piece that was in the center of the board.

"I don't think you guys really know how a ouija board works. We have to go to the place Millie died, we can't just whip this out and except her to hear us." Gaten explains to Noah. The youngest in the group rolls his eyes. "Well Gaten, I don't know if you knew this or not, but the place where Millie died is under construction." He sassed. I giggled and looked up at Noni, who watches in amusement. "They're trying to talk to me. This is so cool. Should I talk back to them?" I ask.

The woman nods and stands back while all the kids grow silent. "Millie, if you're here, please say something." Caleb whispers. His voice was really shaky. I sat down in an empty spot beside the board and grab the piece they were all touching and moved it across the board a few times. "H-E-Y. Hey." They all spoke in unison. "Who moved it? Noah was it you?" Sadie questions in paranoia. He shook his head and licked his lips. I gaze up at Noni for a second with a small smile.

"I-is this Millie?" Gaten asks. I giggle and move the piece to the top right corner of the board. "Yes. Okay." He sighs and looks up at the small group. Everyone was surprised and terrified. "Do you miss us?" Sadie asks. I move the piece in a small circle and put it back where it previously was. "Yes. Oh thank god! We miss you too!" The redhead cries. "Millie, is there something you wanna tell us?" Noah questions. I glance around at the small circle of people. Everyone was here, but Finn. I wanted to see him the most. Last time I saw him he looked crazy. Does he still think I'm alive?

I move the piece around again. "F-I-N-N." Noah spells out. "Finn? You wanna talk to Finn?" He asks. I smile and move the piece once again. "Yes. Okay well Caleb called him ten minutes ago. Finn should be here any minute now." The small boy tells. I grin before hearing a whisper in my ear from behind. "Who's this Finn you're all smiles about?" Embarrassment washes over me and I turn my head around to look at the smirking woman. "H-he's just a friend. He misses me, you know." I say. If I had blood in my body my cheeks would be as red as Sadie's hair and if I had a heart it would be bouncing around in my chest from the thought of Finn.

----------------------

Ahoy bitches!

So I'm having a bunch of Internet problems but I won't let it get in the way of updating and writing I promise (even though nobody reads my books anymore).

So what do you all think will happen next?🍦