Q & A

hi guys, it's trinity!

so a while ago now i promised you guys a chapter where i would answer your questions about holding on. i finally found some time to do it, go me! below are all the questions you guys asked, and a small description of what i imagine johnny and kenzies future to be like after holding on. enjoy xx

•••

Q – what was their wedding like?
A – the first part i imagine is that it's outdoors, that parts for sure. somewhere secluded and private. only close friends and family would be invited. greg would lead mackenzie down the aisle, and mackenzies dress would have off the shoulder sleeves and a tight bodice that flares out at the bottom, if that makes sense. johnny would be wearing a dark grey suit. maddies kids, belle and lexi, would be flower girls and lauren and maddie would be bridesmaids. carson would be johnnys best man. all the decor would be simple but elegant. (if you have any more questions about the wedding just drop them here xo)

Q – does mackenzie die?
A – not from lupus. after her kidney transplant, the sickest she gets is a common cold. her lupus doesn't return, and she lives a long, happy and healthy life. i'd like to imagine that eventually, her and john pass together of old age. <3

Q – what was the proposal like in johnnys pov?
A – he was extremely nervous that mackenzie would turn him down because he has a fear of public humiliation, but he pushed through it. he was very shocked when mackenzie grabbed him and kissed him. he was immensely relieved and grateful she said yes because he loves her so much and wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

Q – what would they do for their honeymoon?
A – johnny takes mackenzie on a tour throughout new zealand <3 i can imagine him taking her to hamner springs, kaiteriteri beach, golden bay, wellington city wharf, on the queenstown gondala... there's so many places in new zealand that are beautiful. (comment below if you'd like me to make a bonus epilogue about their honeymoon. i've been thinking of doing it for you guys' christmas present hehe)

Q – do they have any kids?
A – honestly, this is completely and utterly up to what you'd like to imagine. i'm torn here. i never imagined them with kids but i always imagined they would be Belle and Lexi's awesome aunty and uncle haha. you can decide :)

Q – where do they end up living?
A – new york, for many reasons, but the main one being that many people they are close with live there. after lauren and carson moved they realised they missed them incredibly, and they absolutely adore maddies kids and want to be there for them while they are growing up. i also think that in LA there are too many bad memories for them, kenzie especially, and that a move really helped them get a nice fresh start on life.

Q – what happened to hayden and annie?
A – throughout the period of this book, they were constantly fighting. i imagine that he lets her go because he's scared of really hurting her when they fight. after about five or six years, once they've matured, i'd like to imagine they get back together again and pick up right where they left off, without the fighting and disagreeing this time.

Q – do lauren and carson get married?
A – no, but they have twin boys that take up a lot of their time and attention ;)

Q – will the public eye influence johnny and kenzies relationship?
A – absolutely. after surgery, mackenzie and johnny make some big life decisions. they move cities, get married, and decide they don't want to be in the public eye all the time. they still produce music, but their style changes, and they only attend award ceremonies and red carpet events if absolutely necessary.

Q – will brandon ever come back to get revenge?
A – no, but he matures incredibly when the public find out what really happened between him and kenzie. i'd like to imagine he apologises to jenzie in years to come and that he starts being a better person.

Q – how did you get the idea to include carson and lauren in your story?
A – to be honest i just think they look cute together! i'm not sure if you all remember, but johnny and lauren were invited to an event ages ago by claires and johnny and carson sang songs there. on laurens snapchat story, she posted a video of carson singing with the caption "go carson 💘" and tbh i shipped them from there :)

Q – sequel?
A – no sorry. i'm perfectly happy with the way this story ended and don't feel that it needs extending because their relationship is great how it ended. <3

Q – do mackenzie and annie ever become friends?
A – no, sorry. if they lived in the same city, then maybe they could have become better friends, but jenzie moved away so that became impossible. x

Q – what was so bad about johnny and kenzies breakup?
A – IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ASK THIS. okay okay, let me explain. when they dated the first time, they were young and didn't know much about dating. while they liked eachother very much, they weren't very good at being in a relationship. mackenzie was too flirty, johnny was too protective, and their differences ended up breaking them apart. at this time, johnny's parents were also going through a divorce, which bothered him more than he liked to admit. he was so worried about becoming like his parents, he forgot to love mackenzie while doing so. eventually their relationship turned toxic and they had raging fights. through the years, they never got closure, for while they loved eachother they didn't love the relationship. this is why it was so liberating yet hard for mackenzie to fall for johnny again because she was scared of again becoming the girl she once was, and to be honest, she did a little bit. (she screams at johnny a lot oops.) it was also hard for johnny to fall for mackenzie because he was scared he wouldn't treat her right, and that she would leave him like what happened with his parents divorce. i hope this clears everything up, but comment below if u got something to ask/say xo

Q – what do their future careers look like?
A – id like to imagine they still produce music although they now sing as an acoustic duo, rather than singing pop singles all the time. their songs wouldn't be about breakups and love and all that stuff, like most music is these days, but simple songs with hidden meanings and deep lyrics. they would spend lots more time writing each song and you can definitely tell the difference in maturity with their post-surgery music.

Q – what does their place in new york look like?
A – they buy a house rather than rent an apartment, knowing that they want to live with each other for the rest of their lives. it's spacious, has spare rooms for maddie and jack, carson and lauren, and a separate kids room down the other end of the house. i'd like to imagine they have a very big lounge with a fireplace and floor to ceiling windows. the decor is minimal, but sophisticated and elegant. they also have a pool and spa that they spend a lot of time in in winter/summer.

Q – do they explore the world?
A – absolutely. every year they plan a four week trip to a new country, and immerse themselves in that culture for a while. it helps them escape from the stresses of being famous, and they look forward to their holidays all year. it's some time for them to do some serious lovin, if you know what i mean ;)

Q – do they make any new friends?
A – 100%. they live their life meeting many new people and making so many new friends.

•••

thank you so much for reading my imagined future of holding on. if you have any more questions that you want me to add, comment below! also, do you imagine johnny and kenzie having kids? if so, what genders and names would you choose? let me know, i'm so interested to hear your thoughts xx