THIRTY FOUR

Lucy's P. O. V

"It's just a fever, Derick. I can manage." I was trying to leave his apartment but attempts failed every time.

I was beyond mad at him for making me stay in his apartment.

When he said " If you refuse to stay with me. I will cancel your scholarship. I hope you don't want that to happen."

I knew he has the power to do anything with his damn money. I really want that scholarship. So, without any choice, I nodded my poor head.

"No, you should be in the bed for at least two days."

"Then What about the assignment?" I crossed my arms remembering the assignment that was given centuries back.

"Don't you remember. We have already submitted it." he levelled his face with mine with his signature smirk.

"Stop kidding Derick." I clearly know that didn't happen.

"Yes, My Butter." he brushed my face with his manly fingers creating goosebumps.

Meanwhile, my stomach started to sing very badly.

"Let's get you something to eat." he grabbed my hand and we went somewhere in his huge apartment.

He made me sit near the counter. The kitchen was very classy. I wondered who cooks for Derick.

I saw him making something but to my eyes I only saw his beautiful back. Looks delicious.

I mean the toast and the egg he placed before me. I was reluctant to eat but my mouth-watery face was evident.

"Sorry, I don't know to cook other than this."

"It's okay Derick. I could have cooked."

"Don't worry Butter. You are going to cook for me for eternity." he splashed cheesy sentences.

I grabbed the knife before me and tried to slice the toast but pain struck my hand. I totally forgot the wound.

"Here. Open your mouth." he offered food.

"No thanks. I can eat on my own besides I have–" before I could finish he filled my mouth with delicious food. I controlled my urge to moan.

"Mmm." and it came. I closed my mouth.

"I think I have to feed you often." he chuckled darkly. After having a tummy full food I decided to take bath. I looked vulnerable.

" Where should I take bath?" I asked him rummaging my bag for a dress.

"Well, I prefer my bedroom Butter."

"You pervert. What about other rooms?"

"I think I have lost the key."

"You think a lot." I didn't have time so I entered his room and took a refreshing bath with his scent all over the bathroom.

I came out of the room wearing my favourite jeans

I came out of the room wearing my favourite jeans. After taking bath I felt refreshed. I grabbed for the door.

"Do you think I will let you out?"

I stopped in track hearing the booming voice near my ears. I turned my body to collide with his face. My voice didn't come from my vocal cord.

"Um..mm."

He raised his eyebrows which looked cute.

"Neha didn't know. She must be sulking now." I again turned but his steal hands maybe stronger than steal grabbed my hand.

"I have already told her. You don't need to worry and she is happy with you staying here."

What! Traitor Neha!

********

Ding!

"Lucyyy!" the sound of the bell and Neha shouting my name gave me a peace of mind. I victoriously grinned internally.

Derick! I escaped.

"Neha, How are you?" She hugged me tightly.

"I should ask that first Lady?" Neha pinched my cheek with her usual love.

"Newa, You forgot she is still sick?" A familiar voice was heard behind Neha. We both turned to see Sebastian.

"You idiot! Stop calling me like that?"

"What can I do Neha is not coming from my mouth." Sebastian shrugged.

"Wo! What are you doing here?"

"Hi sis, I..here..ah yes! To have.. what to do you call this Newa?...yes, Chai." Sebastian continued sipping it.

"I am gonna smack his head!" I stopped Neha before she could do anything reckless.

We both sat and talked for a while. I told her what happened back at my house.

"That old bitch! Sorry, but I don't care even if it's your mother. Is she really your mother? I could not find any resemblance. All I could imagine is her with two horns and sharp teeth hanging out." Neha continued describing my mother.

"Okay..okay. Don't talk about that anymore." Sebastian stopped her blabbering.

"So How is to be with him?"

"Who?" I pretended to be wondering who was set mentioning.

"The one boy who didn't sleep for two nights. That boy nearly killed us." Neha said with her intensifying voice. I didn't know Derick still cares for me but it's all his game, right?

"No...I don't know that person." I tried to raise my voice.

"If you turn your head you will know, Butter who is that boy. " My heart skipped a beat hearing HIS voice.

"So, You did manage to escape? You are slippery Butter." He took the seat beside me. The temperature of the room increased to the core. His hands brushed my shoulder.

"Huh.." I didn't have a clue of words. Even a lexicographer would fail to give the word to explain my existing emotion.
He was staring at me without taking his warm hands out of my shoulder. Has he turned into a statue?

"So, Where is Bobby?"
I diverted my attention to Neha.

"That prick." I heard a feeble voice. Is that from Derick.

"Oh sorry, Lucy. He has been selected in our school soccer team. He had to go for the match otherwise he would be you now." A wave of disappointment hit me. He might have at least called me through phone or might have left a message.

"Wow, That is a great news but wasn't he an athlete?"

Neha shrugged her shoulders and started to serve for the coming customers. Then my mind told that Derick is also on the soccer team. My eyes went in search of him but he was not in the seat he sat before.

I concluded he was not inside the building so I came outside. He was talking something on phone. My legs unconsciously went near him.

"Yes dad, Just now I came from the match...Yes...I'm saying the truth.". His words flew like a tornado.

Why is he lying?

Was he playing again with me? He turned his head with shock.

" Lucy!Well...listen—"

____________________

Hellooo lovelies.

Your favourite quote?

Thank you. Please vote and support.