FORTY

Lucy's POV:

The same stupendous building.... Nothing has changed. I stepped into the mansion fidgety. Derick gave a gentle squeeze to calm my nerves.

"Derick...oh wait you didn't... LUCY! " I guessed it was Ava... Or maybe Eva gave me a tight hug.

"Lucy, it's been ages." she still swung me in excitement. I needed the hug.

"What?!... ME! " there came the other twin. We three were huddled like penguins.

"Still these devils ignore the good brother. "

Ava and Eva both sneered at him but the next minute poured the affection. They have grown into beautiful young girls but their attitude still the same.

"Oh, I can't believe my eyes. Lucy, at last, you came. Do you know how we missed you?"Mrs. Robertson gave me an unyielding hug. Derick also hugged arguing he was jealous.

The minutes went like seconds after that. They still loved me. I was thankful for that.

We were all having dinner when a rough voice was heard from the entrance. It's Mr. Robertson. He was always stiff, cold... Well always in business mood.

"Hello Mr. Robertson. "

"Well... Are you the girl who dated Derick in middle school? "He scowled his face. I gulped a little to escape his scary gaze.

It's official... He hates me to the core.

"Darling, don't make her run away with your deadly stare." Mrs. Robertson gave a kiss on his cheek and made him to join the dinner.

"Wow... Lucy, I love your necklace. Is this grandma's butterfly?"Ava asked me while drinking the wine. I saw the necklace dangling with a the butterfly that Derick gave me once. I nodded my head in agreement. I also saw the other pendant which dad left for me.

Dad, where are you?

———————————

"Derick, we have won the match. "I kissed him and jumped to his arms. He was in the soccer team again. Bobby apologized to Derick which lifted a great rift away.

We have also completed all our exams. In one week we'll be graduated. I couldn't wait to take a new step in my life.

"Lucy, Are you done with the prom dress? "Neha reminded me of the prom which I'll be going with Derick.

"Yes, it's ready. "

Derick and I went to the apartment. I made chicken avacado sandwich and it was really mouth watering.

"Butter, Have you applied for any universities? " I was in Derick's lap.

"No, Chubby... Have to. "I took a bite of the sandwich. I didn't need to worry about anything as long as Derick was with me. I tried to get up when my necklace was stuck with Derick's shirt.

"Ouch... "

"Wait, wait."He unhooked the necklace.

"Shit, it's broken. "I was shocked to see it.

"Don't worry, I'll fix it. "

"Okay. "I saw him carrying that silvery momentum into his room.

I started to get ready for the prom. I wore the La Femme styled exclusive prom dress. I put most of my savings into this.

Before applying any makeup I went to see Derick to show my dress.

"Dad, I can not do that... I did as you told... Not anymore. " He threw his phone on the bed.