Chapter 13

~Danny's POV~

It's been, what I think is, two or three days since I've been taken.

I'm still not healed enough to attempt to escape. Don't get me wrong, I do want to get out of here, but the 'food' the people here give us, if they give us any, holds little to no nutritional value. This means no matter how much I eat of it, even though I barely eat any of the slop, it'll take a long time for my wounds to heal.

Plus, the less I eat, the less need to pee, let alone do the number two, on myself, in this cage, with no way to clean up or avoid the mess.

Let's just say, I'm happy I'm a boy and that these cages have bars, right now.

The room stinks really, and I mean really, bad. A few of the kids, and even some adults, have gotten sick. Or at least I think they did due to the amount of coughing I'm hearing.

The girl to the right of me, the one with long red hair, seems to have gotten a pretty bad rash along her legs and arms. I bet you can guess why.

The girl to my left, the one with the blue and short hair, is still holding onto a little bit of hope.

My arms and legs still bleed, and my have an infection, if I move to much to quick.

My head's pounding half the time due to the lack of drug intake. 

I could really go for some benzodiazepine or something right now...

(I don't know much about drugs, so I'm using the internet. Sorry if anything seems incorrect...)

I sighed. I can imagine some right now would be amazing...

I winced as one of the people in the cages started screaming, 'Let me out! Let me out!'

Then some stomping came along followed up by a voice.

"Shut up child!" A mans voice came before he kicked the cage, or at least sounded like he did.

"We don't want to hear your stupid complaining! It's not like anyone is going to miss a worthless snot like you!" A woman's voice came just before more kicking of the cage. I could hear, what sounded like a boy, whimper.

He should have expected this, plus, it's better than some of the others I heard.

"Don't jostle the boy to much, after all, it is auction day." Another man's voice sounded through out the large, open room.

So they plan on selling us, or what...?

"Yeah. We can just beat on the ones we don't sell." The female spoke.

So I guess that's a yes...

This is really bad, isn't it?

And this all happened thanks to that chick with the darned* knife!

The little bench*...

If I wasn't so against it, I would kill her, dang* it!

Hope the worst for her...

I put my hands in the hoodie pockets to try to keep warm in this large and cold room.

I long since smoked the cigarette Jason gave me. Took awhile to get it to light, but it was worth it.

Haven't slept since I was taken. The headache prevented me from doing so, along with how uncomfortable the cage is.

After awhile, the kidnappers of most of the people in the room started taking the cages out.

It wasn't long before they started taking from my row.

The girl to my right started crying, begging to be saved since she was a few cages, a few minutes, away from being sold off.