13

It had been a week since I came up in the box. I've met everyone here and almost everyone has tried to hit on me but either someone interjected or I rejected them. I had gotten asigned the job of a Med-Jack. It was only my second day but it's not too bad. The only thing I don't like about it is...Gally. Since he is a builder he would come in several times a day with splinters or cuts. I don't mind fixing him up but he is just sooo mean. He calls me names, yells at me, and has hit me. Newt hasn't noticed because I have my hair to cover it.  Newt and I haven't talked much, but he's the person I've talked to the most. That's saying a lot about how much I've talked this past week. I just wish Gally would stop with all this harassment, it's getting old and I've only been here for 7 days.

I was organizing the medical equipment very early in the morning. Gally had come in last night, my first day, to have a splinter removed. When I pulled the splinter out there was a lot of blood so Gally thought I did something wrong. He had slapped me across my face and thrown around the bandages, bandaids and suturing supplies. Alby had then told everyone it was time for bed and Clint locked the Med-Jack hut before I could clean it. So here I was, early in the morning, before anyone could wake up, picking needles off the ground of a dim room. I was almost done when I heard the door swing open. I was worried it was Gally, so I kept my head down, not wanting to anger him. But then the boy spoke.

"What are you bloody doing?"
Ahh Newt, thank God it's not Gally. I stopped what I was doing and turned to him.

"Organizing."
I stated blankly. He looked confused, but it was so cute.

"Uh... Why?"
Newt asked. I turned around to finish cleaning while talking to him.

"It was messy."
I answered while rolling up the bandages.

"Who did this August?"
Oh No. Is he catching on? Wait! My face! Okay when I turn around I'll just put my hand on my face, no big deal.
I continued to clean while talking to him.

"Nobody."
I finally answered after a while. It wasn't a while, more like 15 seconds, but it sure felt like an eternity. Deciding whether or not to tell Newt and how to make my story believable took a good 10 seconds, until I abandoned it.

"August I know you're lying. Just tell me, who did this?"

I then turned to him and put my hand on my face, I was done cleaning by now,  about time.

"No one."
I stated blankly. And with that I walked out of the Med-Jack's hut.