14

TRIGGER WARNING!

2 weeks later...

Gally's harassment has now turning more into abuse. A few times a week he would drag me into the woods while no one was looking and beat me. One time I was sitting at dinner by myself, Newt was showering and Minho was in the map room, Gally walked by and "accidently" spilled his piping hot soup on me. He didnt apologize or anything. He would also slap me and kick me when no one was around. I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I didn't want to come here. It just didn't make any sense. 2 weeks ago, after a beating, I climbed up the same tree I hid in on my first day. When it was time for bed I climbed down but wasn't careful enough. In the process of climbing i slipped and scraped my arms on the sharp branches. When I got on the ground I saw the damage. Blood trickled down my arms as all the pain from Gally I was feeling before vanished. This was a new kind of pain. While the blood was flowing I forgot all my troubles and everything wrong in the glade. I wanted this again. I needed this again. So a few days later I went to the deadheads and sat under a big oak tree. Alby gave me a knife to protect myself from anyone who tried anything. I took deep breaths as I carefully brought the cool sharp blade to my wrists. I winced at the pain, but it was worth it as the memories from Gally verbally abusing me earlier that day were pushed to the back of my mind. I haven't told anyone about this, especially not Newt. God only knows what he would do. Tell Alby and get banished, or he would bannish Gally leaving me to feel guilty for the rest of my life. So for now I'll just keep it to myself.

---Present---

I woke up when sunlight filled my bedroom. I knew I had to get up, but I couldn't, I couldn't do this today. I was so sore from a beating yesterday. Apparently when I was treating a cut on Gally's arm it hurt him. He had slammed me against the door and kicked me several times. I couldn't argue though, he would just get angrier. I shivered as yesterdays memories played in my mind. I got out of bed and made my way to the dresser. Knowing it was going to be hot today, I had to be cautious of what I was going to wear. I picked out some light jeens with a wife-beater tank Top with, I don't know how many bracelets. All this came up in a box my second week here. The boys wanted to see but I knew if they got their hands on my clothes, tampons and bras, they would never stop. Knowing the boys here, if they got ahold of anything that belonged to me, I would never hear the end of it.