32

The next morning at breakfast was a tad awkward, but we're both socially awkward anyway. Last night, Newt and I had parted ways and slept in our own beds. We ran into each other in the hall and gave each other a quick kiss then headed to breakfast. For most of the morning we were smiling, and it was confusing everyone.

"What the hell is going on between you two?"

Thomas asked at the table. I sat across from Newt with Minho to my right. I met another kid a while back named Chuck, and he's been sitting with us ever since. Chuck usually sat next to Thomas though, they seemed to have a different kind of connection.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Newt said sarcastically.

"Did you guys do it?"

Minho asked, smirking.
I rolled my eyes while Newt's face turned bright red.

"Did we Newt?"

I asked, mirroring the smirk on Minho's face.

"W-hat?"

Newt asked while choking on his food. He looked up at me confused until he saw me smirking. Now realizing what I was doing, he decided to play along.

"Uh I don't know August. Did we?"

Minho was now the one with the red face.

"I don't know, I don't think we did."

"That's what I thought."

The banter continued.

"Okay, so we're on the same page?"

"Yep, we didn't have sex."

"Uh-huh."

We would've kept going, but then Chuck asked the most innocent question.

"What's that?"

Thomas and Newt choked while Minho was trying to hold back laughter.

"W-w-what's what?"

I asked.

"Sex, what is that?"

I lifted my head and turned to Newt. He mouthed sorry to me which I knew he didn't mean.

"Yeah August, what is that?"

Minho asked, smirking.

"I don't know Minho, you brought it up how about you tell."

I said, once again mirroring his face.
That got him. He stood up and left the table. Thomas followed. Leaving Newt, Chuck and me.

"It's nothing Chuck."

Newt answered simply. Thank God. I don't think I could've answered that to Chuck. But why did Newt get all nervous? Does he think we're going to be together that long? Does he want the same thing that I do?