30

Newt and I walked across the glade while the cool night air brushed past us. He so kindly offered to walk me to my room, so I let him. How could I say no? When we arrived outside me door, we paused. The whole world stopped. Staring into each others eyes made me see things differently. I don't know what it was, everything was just...different. After a while ot staring, Newt leaned in for one more kiss before bed.

"Goodnight August."

And with that, we parted our ways to our rooms.

I had been having nightmares for over a year now, ever since Gally was banished. I've been able to keep my nightmares a secret, but they keep getting worse. I'll dream about Gally coming back and everything changing to the way it was. I'll wake up in a sweat and heavy breathing. Usually I can tell myself it's a dream and go back to sleep, but for the past month, I haven't.

"Dammit August! I told you to be careful!"

Gally screamed at me as I pulled the splinter out of his finger.

"Sorry"

I muttered.

"What did you just say to me?"

I looked up.

"Did you just apologize? Was that an apology?"

I slowly nodded.

"You know what, you don't deserve to apologize. You deserve to live with guilt, you worthless bitch!"

He slammed me against the wall.

"Now, I'm going to do what I should've done a long time ago."

Gally kicked me a few times to make me stay where I was before he left. He rummaged through the cabinets until he found a needle. A very large needle.

"Hahaha this'll be fun now August. "

He spoke as he walked towards me with the needle.

"Now just lay very still as I erase the mistake the creators caused."

I was shaking, if I was going to live, I needed to say something.

"N-n-no please NO! Gally please! No!"

He brought the needle above his head, about to stab me.

"NO STOP! PLEASE NO!"

"August!"

"NO GALLY DON'T PLEASE NO!"

"AUGUST!!"

"NO! NO!"

"AUGUST WAKE UP!"