28

I sat in the wooden tower overlooking the glade, waiting for Newt. Most people were getting ready for bed so it was pretty quiet. Newt had told me at dinner to meet me here later. So here I was, waiting.

Minutes passed. Then the creaking of the ladder let me know that Newt was coming. I ran my fingers through damp my hair, trying to fix it. It didn't do much though, the wind had messed it up from the moment I stepped out of the shower.

When Newt got to the top he sat to my left. I sat cross-legged, hunched over playing with a twig while Newt sat with his knees pulled up and his arms resting over them slightly.

"You've had me worried since noon. What's going on?"

I broke the silence after a few minutes. Something was not right here.

Is he cutting again? Does he think I am? Is he Gay? That would suck because then I wouldn't have a chance with him.

After a bit, Newt responded.

"2 years."

"W-"

"2 year Gus. You've been here for 2 years."

"Your point?"

He was shaking. But it wasn't cold shaking, he was nervous. But what about?

"Gus."

Newt turned to me and scooted closer. We were now both sitting cross-legged facing each other, our knees slightly touching.

"Ye-ah?"

I responded, my voice cracking.

"You've been here for 2 years. I haven't had the courage to say what I'm about to say until now."

(Real quick! Comment and guess what newt is going to say!)

"You've been here for over 2 years, and I've loved you every minute of knowing you."