Chapter One.

October 19th, Friday

Chapter One.
**************

"...I was attacked, by who? Well, I did not know at the time. All I knew was, that whoever it was, was dressed way too early for Halloween, which should have been my first warning sign. I didn't know what to do, I mean, I hit them with my car which was totally an accident. But if I had of known then, what I know now... Well, I don't know where I'd be..."

**************

"Zach! Get your little butt on that chair and sit at the table, right now." I demanded the small five-year-old who was being an absolute pain in my behind right now.

Well, he had been all afternoon but that was partly my fault for allowing him to have candy just after lunch.

"Noooooo! I don't want to eat that stupid broccoli." He grumbled, stomping his little yet very heavy foot: onto the wooden floorboards below us.

"And your mom said you have to eat them," I spoke sternly, "Now please, sit at the table or I'll.... I'll have to strap you down to a chair with duct-tape." I threatened, my eyes narrowing at him.

His face instantly turned pale, and he ran from the living room to the dining table at once. Practically jumping into his seat as his eyes widened, the fear growing inside of them.

I slid the plastic plate over to him, watching as he finally started to eat his dinner which was no doubt cold by now, with a disgusted look on his face.

Why are kids who talk always the hardest to control? Don't get me wrong I love kids, but sometimes Zach just really infuriates me.

"Finally." I sighed to myself, knowing we'd just been arguing for fifteen minutes straight, and it had now given me a slight headache.

One down, another to go!

I knew that threat would get Zach. I mean he does have a massive fear of duct-tape especially after that incident three months ago when he decided it was a great idea to wrap himself in it resulting in him getting stuck. His mother, Rue, had to cut him out of it, ripping half of his hair with it resulting in him having to shave the rest of his golden curls off. He also lost an eyebrow that day.

But he had learnt his lesson so that's all that really mattered.

When I knew Zach was settled at his seat and actually eating, I stepped into the living room which was a mere two feet away, looking down onto the play mat where Zach's sister had been laying peacefully for the past fifteen minutes.

"Come here little Lilly. I've got your dinner here as well." I cooed, picking up the baby from the floor where she'd been laying on her back eating her foot.

Yeah, let that sink in... Babies are so much more flexible than most adults, me not included. Because luckily for me I was flexible enough to do the same thing. Well, I probably could but I hadn't tried. This being thanked by my many years of dance lessons.