Chapter Twenty Five.

9th of November, Friday

Chapter Twenty Five.
*************

'...God forgive us. God save us all... A party in the middle of an apocalypse? What could go wrong?... But, how can one believe in a higher power knowing that they allowed this to happen?...'

************

There wasn't much of an argument as to where the party was being held. We were limited in options, but the towns church was our safest and best choice to be a venue.

And so, that was the start.

With the venue being picked all the guys banded together to find us anything and everything party related that we could use for the evening as decorations.

They found party supplies, food, and drinks of different kinds, setting up the large venue. No one argued as I volunteered to sit and keep watch on Nevaeh. Resting my leg as everyone else moved in and out of the church and the motel rooms, decorating the space so it was perfect for our night out.

I became bored after ten minutes of inspecting the room, wishing the T.V worked, or that I knew where Reed stashed his pack of playing cards to keep myself busy. Instead, I grabbed the book from my bag that I'd been trying to read to Nevaeh each night before bed. We weren't even halfway through the story, and she often fell asleep whilst I was reading it, so I decided to read a few chapters without her and just catch her up on the premise of it tonight.

Time flew and before I knew it the book was removed from my hands, and I was being ushered to sit still and allow Savannah to paint my face. With make-up. Where I was so sure that she was going to make me look like a clown.

Athena then shoved a dress into my arms, my mother passing me a pair of sandals (we all knew I would have argued if they had of been heels) and a flashlight. Marie helped me stand and I hobbled off into the bathroom so I could change my outfit because apparently black tights and a camo-colored long sleeve t-shirt just weren't cutting it for the required party attire for tonight.

I heard the faint sound of voices and things bumping against the wall from both left and right of the bathroom, where the other rooms lay. Making my own noises, I spent fifteen minutes trying to take my clothes off and then put the dress on. Yes, it was that hard.

I heard doors open and close repeatedly during this time, and when I finally stepped back into the main room, I realized the others had changed. Probably having left the room to do so. It seemed half the noise had been coming from the guys though, from the room next door to the right.

A group of shadows walked past the window, moving past us and out of sight. I expected them to knock on our door, but it looked as though they were heading to the church without us. Their heavy footsteps, several curses and fits of laughter drifted off with them as they walked away.