Chapter Nineteen.

November 5th, Monday

Chapter Nineteen.
*******************

"...I didn't try to hide it from him, but I'm glad he now knows my biggest secret..."

********************

I got up from the table after a long and hard internal battle with myself. Arguing for and against the training session. Finally moving my body and walking down to Marie's side, softly tugging her arm, and encouraging her to walk with me as I needed to speak to her.

We took a few steps away from the group, my voice lowering as I asked her.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She blinked a few times but gave me a firm nod in response.

"I do."

"Are you one hundred percent sure?" I asked for the last time.

"Yes. I can do this." I don't know if the words were to encourage herself or to encourage me.

I gave her one last look over. If she said she can do this, then she can. I gave her a small nod, leaving with that as I had nothing else to say. I walked back over to the stairs, Marie walking back to join the group of questioning looks but no verbal questions.

Landon took the reins on the training session which was happening whether I liked it or not.

I sat with my knee stretched out, mom having strapped it securely with tape earlier making it feel a little less painful. She insisted I kept off the pain medication unless it was absolutely necessary, her fear of me becoming addicted to pills seemed to be at the forefront of her mind when it came to me and injuries. If anything, Savannah would be the one to get addicted. When she liked something, she fell for it hard and fast. I rest my case.

Landon, standing on the grass in front of the others as he tentatively looked at them every so often, ran through some tips and tricks on how to use/load the various kinds of guns, how to stand while holding them and how to deal with the kick back. He shot a few rounds, showing Savannah, Athena, and Marie who were his students for today, on how each gun worked. Jack reloaded the targets, sweeping away the glass before putting a new beer bottle on the pieces of wood as they were used as targets.

Reed stood on the end of the line of girls, occasionally helping them when it was needed. He took the lesson very seriously. Considering guns were involved, they needed to be serious and safe.

My mother was on standby but that didn't mean anything if someone shot a fatal blow.

Not an ounce of chatter or a laugh left any of their mouths, not even when Landon made a sexual inuendo that had both Brad and I covering our mouths to stop a giggle escaping. He and Calvin sat by my side on the stairs, already having known everything Landon was teaching. Or at least they were paying half attention.