Chapter Twenty.

November 6th, Tuesday

Chapter Twenty.
**************

"...A normal day. Who can say they had a normal day in an apocalypse? Us, I guess..."

**************

We left the farm today. Despite everyone being covered in bruises and aching head to toe, we still left. We woke up, got changed, had breakfast, packed our items and then we were off on our next journey.

Well, not before Mom pulled out a chair and gave almost all of us a haircut each. Some having more cut off more than others. She wasn't a professional by any means, but she'd done the job. It sure was a sight to see, watching as all the guys lined up waiting patiently for their turn at a haircut. Of course, though none of them were game enough to shave their head until it was shiny like my dad, but a trim meant they didn't need one for a while.

Jack's hair still remained the longest, now sitting just below his ears in similar wavy curls to Brad's meaning he no longer had to tie it up and out of his face. Calvin had the smallest of trims, my mother helping fit the sides of his hair into somewhat of a fade situation. Landon's was trimmed and showed not much difference, along with Brad who I'd watched a little too intensely as my mother had cut his hair. I was worried she was going to remove those natural wavy curls and leave him looking well... Different. But she'd done an elegant job and by the time she'd cut it and it had dried, it didn't actually look any different.

But Reed... Reed was the real kicker. He'd gotten a buzz cut. Like, shaved but not entirely so there was still a bit of fluff on there. Making his hair cut look much like my brother; him and my dad being the only ones who didn't need a haircut. Reed still looked like his charming self, just a little more younger looking. I didn't mind it, but it was different to see, and he insisted on having all of us feel the short stumble upon his head which was just plain weird. But Reed was a weird person, so it wasn't that unusual.

All the guys, excluding my dad and brother who both already had a beard and mustache, with the help of working water and razors got a chance to get rid of their beard growth. Not that Reed, Brad and Calvin could grow much, but they were now back to being smooth faced babies. Landon however, refused to get rid of his facial hair and Jack had insisted on wanting to grow his more which wasn't really working in his favor.

I might have teamed up on a mission with these guys, but they certainly weren't big burly men growing beards and mustaches after a day of shaving. It was all stubble and patchy growth with muscles and somewhat lean bodies. Not that any of us were complaining. I certainly wasn't.

My sisters had gotten themselves a little trim, both having long hair that reached mid back that they insisted had to be out and styled every day. I'd gotten as haircut as well, cutting at least half of what I'd had making it fall just below my shoulders and made it so much easier to tie up, less having to worry about it.