Chapter Eleven.

October 29th, Monday

Chapter Eleven.
**************

"...The fact that these people had created a literal functioning community in a time like this not only impressed me, but it also excited me for the possibilities and opportunities that were yet to come..."

**************

Parking the car on the side of the road and sleeping in a chair sat up, wasn't ideal. But the few hours of sleep we got (of course, someone was always on watch), provided us with enough energy to continue traveling for another day.

We again took turns at driving, Marie volunteering to drive at one stage but Nevaeh shot down the idea and claimed she was a horrible driver. Rounding off a list of things Marie had hit that she could recall. Or maybe that's what her dad had told her. But when Marie had got defensive and turned red, we knew her sister was not lying.

None of us liked the idea of ruining the only cars we had, nor did we like the idea of ending in an accident whilst we were in the middle of an apocalypse. I'm sure thought that if we'd found a space large enough that was safe (with literally no obstacles) that one of the guys would teach her how to drive... Properly.

Not that we can trust Reed's driving though. He gets distracted easily and often find us swerving around on the road. I hope he hasn't always been this bad of a driver.

The next step though for Marie would be teaching her how to use a gun. I fear the idea immensely.

We passed five cars in the time span of two hours. All heading the opposite direction. All with a carload of people and supplies. Thankfully, we passed one another with no issues, but I couldn't help to think where they were going. We'd passed several stray zombies. An array of animal carcasses, and human remains were cast here and there also. The sight and smell of them were just as horrid as one another.

It was midday when we finally had a chance to restock. Stealing and taking gallons of gas, food and water from a gas station found in the middle of nowhere. We were there two hours tops before moving again.

The scenery became all the same after a while. Trees, open roads, houses, abandoned cars, mountains, and fields. All roaming by as we travelled on and on.

"Landercoast. Finally, we made it." Reed spoke in a happy sigh.

"Not so fast. It's time to pull over. Nevaeh needs to pee." Marie spoke, all of us turning to look at Nevaeh who nodded her head.

Reed let out a disgruntled sigh, using the two-way radios to communicate to the others to stop and pull over.

We'd just passed the sign for Landercoast, the city before the small town of Alburne. We'd discussed the fact that we'd need to travel through Landercoast before getting to Alburne, where we planned to stay for the night. However, the trek through it wasn't going to be easy.