Chapter Seven.

October 23rd, Tuesday

Chapter Seven.
**************

"...They were the first group of people that we'd seen in days. They were a family. A very scared family..."

**************

"Awe, but they look so cute." Was the first thing I heard as my brain registered that I was started to awake.

"Reed! Wake them up. We do not have time. We need to go!" My eyes slowly opened as I heard Calvin's voice yelling from down the hallway, echoing as though he was running into the living room.

"Okay!" Reed yelled, "Sydneyyy... Bradddd. Wake up sweeties!" He sang, "We're kind of in a hurry. Let's go." I opened my eyes fully, noticing how I was now laying on my side snuggled up to Brad's bad side.

He was still fast asleep on his back, hands behind his head as I could see his chest softly moving up and down. My hands were rested on said chest, and I could feel our legs were tangled together underneath the covers of the blanket.

We'd fallen asleep together... In the same bed... Oops?

"Get the fuck up!" Calvin suddenly yelled as he must have entered the room.

Brad instantly jolted away, causing me to spring away from his body. I very quickly (and not graciously) slipped out of the bed, standing beside it instead.

"What's-" Brad tried to ask but was quickly cut off.

"Reed, grab Brad on one side and I'll grab the other." Calvin said as they rushed either side of the bed.

"Fuck you!" Was that Landon?

Calvin pushing past me a little too aggressively, moving to Brad's side as I slowly backed out of the room.

It's too early for this.

"What's going on?" I asked, watching as they helped slide him off the bed.

Bang!

Wait... Was that a-

"Jack and Landon are out the front battling a hoard of Z's that decided to show up five minutes ago. We need to leave now." The boys helped Brad stand, Reed rushing to help Calvin as they wrapped an arm over their shoulders, baring all his weight.

They didn't say a word as they carried him out of the room, Brad letting out a few groans and hisses as he was clearly still in pain.

I quickly followed behind them, stopping at my room to grab my diary, shoes, and my backpack.

I watched as the boys carried Brad straight out the front door down the steps and into Reed's car. Shoving him in the backseat as the cars had been moved and were now sitting at the bottom of the porch stairs. They were already running, and the doors were open waiting for us. The large metal vehicles sat only a few feet away from where the real battle was going down.