Chapter Sixteen.

November 3rd, Saturday

Chapter Sixteen.
**************

'...She was so so so so so SO STUPID! I just hope and pray that she's learnt her lesson and will never ever do it again. In other news, Brad finally came up with a new pet name for me, it's simple but cute. Oh, and I've also messed my knee up again. It's been a long day...'

**************

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?" I asked Clarissa and Dominic as they had just finished packing their items.

"We're fine, thank you for the offer though," Clarissa said with a kind smile, "We're only heading south, not to the north pole." She joked, everyone else joining in with a small laugh.

The hopeful gleam in her eyes still shone from earlier when the two of them told us that they were going to leave the safety of the library, heading south to find Clarissa's parents. None of us had the heart to say anything negative.

"Are you sure you have everything that you need?" I asked, again.

They were the first people, besides the Dosh family, whom we have met on this journey who didn't want to kill us or take our items.

"Yes. We do. And again, thank you for the extra food." Clarissa smiled at Jack, after having given them a few items to get them started on their trip.

They placed their rucksacks on their backs, Dominic picking back up their bed roll. Despite the fact they'd told us yesterday they were going to stay here for a few days, it was discussed this morning over breakfast around the fire that Clarissa and Dominic were going to leave and head south. We did not argue and only encouraged them on their journey.

We too were planning on leaving at some point today. Although I was clearly the only one excited to be leaving to find my family, everyone else had either forgotten or had put it to the back of their minds and not bothered to mention it again.

"You're welcome. And uh, good luck with everything." Jack spoke, giving them a firm nod.

We were now all stood in a semi-circle around the two of them at the back entrance of the library. The sun was still nowhere to be seen, but the rain had stopped during the early hours of this morning and left behind puddles of dirty water and dripping pipes. A group of people walked past the end of the alleyway every now and then. Their girls either strapped across their back or rested against their shoulders and when they caught sight of us... All eyes went to Nevaeh. Whom I did not let go of, only hugging her tighter to the front of me. She had her small hands rested against my clasped ones on her chest. They were freezing cold, yet she did not utter a word.

She'd been relatively quiet in Clarissa and Dominic's presence. But I put that down to the fact she was shy and had been when we first met her, although she'd warmed up to us now, I'm sure it was strange for her to be meeting new people. Adults, nevertheless.