Chapter Twelve.

October 30th, Tuesday

Chapter Twelve.
**************

"...Screaming. Crying. Blood. Bombs... Death..."

**************

At first, I could have sworn I was being shaken awake by Nevaeh, again. But I quickly realized that I couldn't feel her small hands anywhere on my body, in fact I couldn't feel anyone's hands on my body. My next thought was, oh Nevaeh's jumping on the bed. That was until I heard the tinkering of glass against glass and objects moving.

Nevaeh was definitely not the cause of the noises I was hearing.

I slowly opened my left eye only to see the large glass chandelier above the bed was rattling. Why is the chandelier moving?

"Sydney?" I turned to my left, squinting as Marie was flashing her flashlight around the room in a panicked motion.

Her light moved, showing the unsteadiness that was the bedframe shaking. I looked to my left seeing that the lamp on the nightstand was slowly sliding off the wooden piece of furniture. But I didn't catch it in time as it fell onto the ground, along with the candles that were sat on the coffee table to the left of the bed in the sitting area. Marie's light flashing around as move things feel from where they'd been positioned earlier, the furniture slowly moving out of place.

"Yeah?" I finally responded to Marie, propping myself up on my elbows.

The curtain had shuffled open just a smidge but the sky beyond it gave nothing away to say it was close to sunrise. It must still be exceedingly early in the morning.

"Is it an earthquake?" Marie's tired yet squeaky voice asked.

"I don't know." I answered honestly, not understanding what was going on myself.

"If it's an earthquake, shouldn't it be over by now-" Marie was cut off by Landon slamming our bedroom door open with a loud thud that made us all yelp.

Nevaeh reached over and held tightly onto her sister.

"Get up. We're leaving now!" The authority in his voice scared me.

I watched behind him as the others appeared in the hallway with their flashlights in their hands and their backpacks on their backs.

Okay, we really are going.

"Grab your backpacks and Nevaeh you're going to have to climb onto my back so I can-" ." Calvin explained softly until Landon cut in.

"No time. Get on Nevaeh, let's go." I heard a whimper leave Nevaeh's mouth, but she did as she was told and climbed over the bed and onto Calvin's back.

I sent Landon a challenging look. He rolled his eyes in return.

Marie and I rushed out of our beds before slipping on shoes and collecting our items as Jack stalked over and opened the curtain fully. Reed stepped beside me, passing my backpack to me. I could see his hands shake. I gave him a small encouraging smile and softly placed my hand on his arm in a comforting way. He let out a small breath and nodded his head.