Chapter Four.

October 21st, Sunday

Chapter Four.
**************

"...This diary will be my savior for the next... I'd like to say days, but I get the feeling that maybe we won't leave here at all. That we might die here-No! I can't think like that. Not now, not when we still have hope..."

**************

The airport failed us.

Unless everyone was secretly hiding inside the airport... Not moving a muscle... And the planes were invisible...

The number of cars and the way they were frantically parked around the airport, told us that there could have been people inside. But the closer we got and the more we looked we realized that there was not a soul or plane in sight. They'd all left.

So, without getting out of the cars, we started our next venture. Off to Timuna we went. I had to admit, I was disappointed about the airport. The thought of being able to call my parents and get on a plane out of here... It excited me. So, the disappoint set in harshly.

Despite the awkwardness Brad and I shared on the drive, both of us being quiet and keeping to ourselves, the drive was peaceful. There wasn't a soul in sight, and we had no issues.

Well, I had one issue.

About twenty minutes into the trip, I forced Brad to pull over. I needed to pee, badly. And stretch although that only resulted in a weird tender pain shooting through my back. I ignored it.

But I couldn't ignore the feeling of needing to pee any longer than I already had. There were no houses or public toilets around that I could have gone to so... When we parked, I ventured off and away from the cars, standing behind a tree as I squatted and peed.

There's nothing quite like a bush pee.

In this specific situation, I really wished that I was a guy.

I mean, they can just whip it out anywhere and pee and it's not a problem for them. But us girls, nope. We have a whole mission that we must go through just to be able to pee freely!

I didn't even want to think about what would happen if there were no toilet around and I needed to you know... Go number two.

It took me a total of two minutes to do my thing, fearing the worst of the trees around as I heard rustling and weird animal noises, and then we were back on the road. We were still yet to figure out if this 'disease' or whatever it actually was, was something that could affect animals. I prayed not.

There was no one in sight as far as we could see; alive that was. The unusually bare roads we travelled on were only occupied by the occasional abandoned car or a dead animal. No signs of anything live, yet.

We took the back roads where necessary, trying to avoid the highways and motorways as best as possible. No issues had arisen, but I felt like this was the calm before the storm.