Chapter 28 (Secret)

Eleanor’s P.O.V.
As soon as I closed the door behind me Lou pinned me to it. He kissed me hungrily. I kissed him back.
“You look s sexy in this dress, El. I love you,” he said and kissed me again. His hand went down to my thighs and I realized that this is not what I came to do here. I pulled back and Lou frowned.
“Why?”
“Look, Lou.. I’ve gotta tell you something.. This is why I asked you to come,” I said.
“Okay.. What is it?” he asked and we sat on his bed. We faced each other.
“Okay.. You have to promise me that you won’t freak out.. Okay?” I asked.
“El.. You’re freaking me out.. What did you do?” he asked completely freaked out.
“I.. I..” I trailed off.
“No.. El.. Please tell me you didn’t cheat on me.. Please..” he was scared.
“No.. Lou.. I’d never do that..” I said.
“Then what is it?” he asked.
“I.. Lou.. I smoke..” I said and his eyes widened.
“What?” he was surprised.
“Yeah,” I said.
“No.. El.. It doesn’t look like you smoke! Look at your lips.. No way.. You’re lying. Are you finding ways to break up with me? Because that’s never gonna happen,” he raised his voice.
“Shh.. Lou.. slow down.. It’s not just that..” I said.
“El.. Please.. Elaborate.. I’m freaking out,” he said.
***Flashback***
My parents were and are very rich so, they had to attend parties every night. Like business parties. My uncle would come and stay with me. Like, he used to babysit me even though it wasn’t required. I mean… I was seventeen. I didn’t need it. I could take care of myself. One day he came to our house and I knew he was drunk. So, to be on the safer side, I kept my distance with him. I then found him sitting on the couch. He was smoking. He looked at me and caught me staring.
“Want to have a puff, my dear?” He asked me.
I shook my head ‘no’ and he smirked. Then he walked towards me and I panicked. I got more scared because I realized that there were no maids or any servants in the house.  He sat next to me and put his arm on my shoulder. I tried to get away but, he caught me. He pushed the cigarette in my mouth and I choked. I pushed it out and coughed. He laughed at me and I had tears in my eyes. I tried to get away from him but, he held onto me.
“Let go off me,” I protested.
“Oh.. Dear.. Are you afraid of me?” he asked.
“Please.. Uncle John.. Let me go,” I said and he twisted my  hand.
I cried in pain and he left me. I fell on the ground and cried. I hugged my legs and then he touched me again. He touched me where he shouldn’t and I flinched.
“Let go off me!” I cried and he laughed.
“Oh my baby… Does it hurt?”
“Uncle.. Please!”
“Shut the fuck up! Just.. Shut up!” he yelled and my eyes widened.
“You little brat.. Do you know why I am babysitting you? Because, your father.. He is the reason I lost my job. He supported the girl who I had fucked. He made me go to the jail. When I came out.. I decided to take a revenge on him. When I was busy finding out ways to take my revenge I found out that you had grown up. That’s when I came and apologized to your father. He gladly welcomed me back.. But, he never knew about all this,” he laughed loudly and slapped me across my face.
When his hand loosened I ran out of his grip and ran to my room. I locked the door behind me and cried. I called my parents and they said that they were on their way home. The next day my uncle got arrested and my parents fought for the first time. My mother blamed my father for this. I never spoke. I never ate. That’s when my parents split up.
*** Flashback Ends***
I didn’t realize that I had been crying all this time until Lou brushed off the tears from my cheeks. I hugged him and cried harder.
“I’m sorry, El. I’m so sorry,” he kissed my hair.
When I pulled back Lou asked, “But, why were you so worried about telling me this?”
“I was scared, Lou. I was scared that you’d leave me,” I said.
“What? You actually thought that I’d leave you because of this?” he asked.
“No. It’s not just that. When my parents split up I blamed myself for that. I started smoking, then. I thought that smoking would help me forget everything. And, it actually did. I found this group which was a very bad company. I went to bars with them I also tried drugs but, then I stopped because I didn’t like them… Then.. When I met Harry.. He helped me stop smoking. I was doing really good until I met you.. I mean.. When you didn’t commit you feelings to me.. I started smoking again. Now.. The problem is that.. I can’t stop!” I cried.
“No, El. You will stop. I’ll help you,” Lou kissed me.

Hey, guys! So, here was your triple update! I know that the secret wasn’t totally there in the previous chapters but, smoking was a hint and it was mentioned. I hope you all enjoyed. Please Vote and Comment.