#32 - Football Game

----YOUR POV-----

Screams erupted everywhere, from the hundreds of Melbourne secondary students, creating a huge roar. It was the seniors' first game of the season.  

"Let's go Mustangs, let's go!" Everyone sang, just as I had for the last three years. 

My best friend, Hayes was playing for senior varsity. He had his black and red jersey with the number 10 and his last name printed across the back. He had his cleats on, and sprinted across the field and back.

Hayes was socializing with his friends during halftime. The score was tied 18-18. He slowly drifts out of the conversation and flashes me a smile.

My other friends and I left our seats to get some food from the concession stand. 

"Look at their butts. God, they're so hot!" Kayley says as she stuffs her face with popcorn.

"Hey, I should be the one saying that! You have a boyfriend!" I laughed.

The tension builds up as there were only 10 seconds left of the game, and the score, you ask? Still 18-18. Leaving Hayes with the ball.

Ten.

Everyone was yelling at Hayes to do something. 

Nine.

He was hesitating, not knowing what to do.

Eight.

His teammates are yelling at him too.

Seven.

Our defenders were pushed to the ground, as the opposing team broke through our defenses.

Six.

They were coming straight at him.

Five.

Hayes backed up, fumbling with the ball.

Four.

He threw it just as he was tackled to the ground.

Three.

The football soared through the air.

Two

All eyes were on the ball, and everyone was holding their breath.

One.

The ball fell right into the receiver's hands, and he started running.

Zero.

The clock has ended, but the receiver was still on his feet. Here's the thing with football. The game doesn't end until the play is over, even if the time's up.

We watched as the wide receiver ran to the end zone and threw the football to the ground.

Our side erupted into applause once again.

HAYES JUST PULLED A HAIL MARY!

His teammates run to him and pick him up together, while throwing out compliments like, "Woah bro. I didn't know you had it in you!" and "Time to party our asses off!"

Hayes glances straight into my eyes as he takes his helmet off, revealing his sweaty brown locks. 

Once he sees me, he leaves from his teammates' embrace and rushes over to the fence, smiling like an idiot.

"You did it!" I yell, leaning over the fence from the bleachers.

"I know! It's all because of you. You're my good luck charm." He replies, winking.

I smile and lean in to hug him. 

After a minute long hug, I hesitantly leave his embrace and admire his face. 

"I've wanted to do this for a very long time," He smiles.

"What?"

"This." He says, and leans in. I'm frozen in my spot. His lips connect with mine and I'm stuck in a state of shock.

After a couple of minutes, we pull away.

"Woah," I whisper, out of breath.

"Do you think there's a chance you'll go out with me?" He asks nervously, "I mean- I uh...I'm sorry. If you don't want to, that's alright-"

"Of course. I would love to!" I interrupted.

Hayes gave me a wide smile and leaned in once again.

Click.

"Hey!" We both yelled when we saw Kaylee snapping a picture of us while the rest of the team 'awed' at us.

"Too bad. I posted it on Snapchat already!" Kaylee stuck her tongue out and smiled, "Besides, you two are super cute."

As if on cue, her boyfriend, a defense on the team wrapped his arms around her waist and started whispering things - and by that, things you don't wanna know - in her ear.

"Yeah, look who's talking." I said, rolling my eyes.
-----

Hellur!

This chapter was pretty cute, don't you think?

Also, I have a new book out! It's not about anyone, but it is based off a guy called Manu Rios!

if you have no clue who i'm talking about, here's a picture to jog your memory:

and another one:

ashgfgfsshghfgfg

ashgfgfsshghfgfg

I'll be publishing chapter 2 today!

Go give it some love, peeps!

Love,
-s