#47 - Broken

song - scared to be lonely by martin garrix and dua lipa 

this imagine includes heartbreak. i haven't done this before so give me a chance :)

and also, you have about 40 million followers on instgram, and you're a singer. just so you get an idea.

----

For the first time in my entire career, I wanted to tell my fans to back off and leave me the hell alone.

I didn't want to see comments saying things like - you're going to be alright, he wasn't worth your time, and that they were supporting me .

I didn't want to face the world after deleting every evidence of him and I together, even if I knew it was stupid.

There were hundreds of fan accounts creating theories to try to understand why their favorite couple wasn't together anymore, and there were even more pictures of us holding hands with him on every continent.

At first, I didn't leave my house for a week, posting stupid Instagram stories of a movie so it wouldn't look like I was broken. But I was...

The first time I left my house it was to go to the gym, but immediately regretted it as paparazzi yelled out the obvious questions as I tried to block my eyes from the cameras.

Did Hayes cheat on you?

Are you gonna write about him on your next album?

Was it just a publicity stunt?

Shielding myself with my bag, I forcefully opened the door of my car and ran away from the harsh words and flashes.

If only him and I were together, I'd be singing one of my love songs in front of a crowd. 

My mind kept racing back to the moments where he surprised me while I was on my world tour, and times where we couldn't stay away from each other.

Funny enough, he was the one who decided it was time to call it quits.

It was 10 PM in LA, while I was recording my new album, trying to find the perfect ending to the breakup song that was coming together.

I know, that's what happens when you date a singer.

He tried to calling me multiple times every night, but I just wasn't having any of it.

After two weeks, I decided to go back to the studio, with new songs that reflected my gloomy mood.

A good friend had contacted me and I thought this was the perfect time to get my mind off of Hayes.

In a matter of two days I was flying to Amsterdam, to meet Martin Garrix (just play along. i got this idea because of the song for the chapter) who had the perfect song and only needed the perfect voice, which was me.

Paparazzi captured my way in and out of Martin's house, where he had his studio, and of course, words traveled fast.

I was in the middle of recording the chorus when I excused myself and answered Hayes' call.

I took a deep breath before answering,"Hey"

The only thing heard was Hayes' breathing.

"I'm busy, I don't have time for games." I sighed.

"You can't move on." He said with a broken voice.

"I'm sorry?"

"We broke up two weeks ago, you can't be with someone new! What was I to you?" He asked and I almost laughed.