#61 - Lipstick (blurb)

⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯

Forget the butterflies. I feel the whole zoo when I'm with you

- anonymous

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ♡ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Red?" I see Hayes raising his eyebrow at my choice of lipstick through the reflection in my mirror.

"Why, do you mind?" I ask with a slight smile, and he smiles back shaking his head.

"No, I love the red."

"Good," I reply and continue applying the lipstick to my upper lip.

Hayes is sitting on the bed behind me patiently waiting for me to finish up so we can leave. He looked handsome in formal wear; it always suited him, emphasizing the features of his body. He was wearing a well-fitted white shirt tucked in black classic trousers and his sleeves were rolled up till his elbows.

"You look beautiful," he compliments me as I finish up my makeup.

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself."

"Why don't you wear red lipstick more often?" he asks, making me turn back to look at him.

"I don't really wear lipstick nowadays," I answer changing my sitting position to face him directly.

"Oh, you don't?" a little wrinkle appears in between his eyebrows, making me smirk.

"Not really any more." I shrug my shoulders.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to mess up your clothes or give away the fact that we're constantly making out before you go out on stage" I giggle.

"Oh" he giggles back after pausing for a few seconds to process what I just said, "Wait, so you don't wear lipstick because of me?"

"Yes. Nothing except for Chapstick. But when you're out of the city, I do." I smile seeing how a slight confusion starts to form on his face.

"Just because I might end up having some lipstick on myself?"

"Well, imagine people seeing you with lipstick smudged all over your face. Cleaning that up won't be too much fun, would it?"

"I've never thought of that," he says.

"Now you know" I rise up from my chair.

"It's a shame, though." he mumbles.

"Why?" I narrow my eyebrows, walking up to him to fix the little wrinkles appeared on his shirt.

"Because I really want to kiss you right now," he says looking down at me.

"You can't just say stuff like this when we need to leave," I remark, blushing.

"But you look very hot with red lipstick on," he continues, not breaking the eye contact.

"Hayes, we'll be late if you keep on going," I mumble, trying to distract myself by straightening the wrinkles on his shirt.

"Then let's be late today." he suggests so casually, making my heart beat a little faster.

"You sound very convincing, but we really can't be late."

"We'll say we were stuck in traffic." he convinces me further, pulling my body closer to his.

"Hayes," I groan one last time before feeling his lips brushing over mine, his tongue slipping into my mouth, deepening the kiss, not worrying at all about messing up my lipstick - and his beautiful face.

---

This was short but at least its an update right?