#1 - gum

This summer, my boyfriend of six months, Hayes, surprised me with a trip to North Carolina

This summer, my boyfriend of six months, Hayes, surprised me with a trip to North Carolina. No, it wasn't just any old trip, but it was a you're-meeting-my-parents-so-we're-taking-the-next-step-in-our-relationship trip. I was scared as hell. What if his parents didn't like me? What if I wasn't good enough? Luckily, everything went well and Hayes' mom took an instant liking towards me.

I was in the kitchen pouring myself some orange juice, as Liz (that's what I call Hayes' mom, Elizabeth) came into the kitchen, holding Skylynn, Hayes' (adorable) little sister.

"Hey y/n!" Liz and Sky said. Having a little sister myself, I've gained tons of experience with little kids and immediately noticed that Sky looked a little down. 

"Hey guys! How's your day going?" I said flashing a smile.

"It's going okay. I can't seem to find Sky's Lego set, and I also have to feed the chicken," Liz said, sighing in frustration.

"You want me to help with something?" I asked willingly.

"No, its fine. But you can do me a favor." Liz said, setting Sky down.

"Anything for you Liz," I smiled, and mentally face palmed myself for my cheesiness. 

"Please just make sure Hayes doesn't get hurt again. He's riding his dirt bike on a track his friends made."

Me and Sky laughed. "Of course" I said, getting up from the breakfast chair.

"Wait!" I heard a little voice speak up. "Can I go with y/n, Mom?" she asked, waiting for an answer.

"Yes please! I'm getting a headache from hearing you blabber about your Lego set all day." Liz laughed, playfully shooing Skylynn away. 

I took Sky's hand and offered a piece of gum to her, to make her feel better and I popped one into my mouth as well. I threw away the packaging, and we headed out the door. The 2 minute walk from the house to the track was silent except for Sky chomping on the gum. She reminded me so much of my little sister.

I saw Hayes standing around his yellow bike, talking to his friend Tez. When he saw me, he ran up to both of us, and hugged us both. I liked that Hayes was so close to his family. That just makes a guy a hundred times hotter.

After he let us go, Sky ran up to Tez and started talking to him. Hayes stared at me for a few seconds then slowly put his lips on mine. After a few seconds, we pulled apart. Hayes grinned at me then ran away. Why did he do that? I realised that he had stolen the gum from my mouth.

I started giggling as I ran behind him, then Sky tackled him and he fell to the ground laughing. I caught up to him, then me and Sky started tickling him until he turned beet red.

We finally stopped and he pulled me down as he started tickling me.

"Stop!" I yelled out, giggling

"Say the magic words then!"

"What a-are they?" I said, laughing

"Kiss me, Hayes," he said, laughing at his cleverness.

"NO WAY!" I said, laughing.

He tickled me even harder. If I didn't do anything now I would be in deep shit.

"Ok, f-fine! k-kiss m-me Hayess!" I said, stuttering.

"As you wish," he said, as he stopped tickled and leaned into me.

"EW, GET A ROOM PEOPLE!" Tez screamed out as he covered Skylynn's eyes, a disapproving look on his face.

---

[old a/n] Guys, hope you liked that. I know, it was really bad, but I will get better! :)

- Samara :)