#52 - Face Masks

-----

Rain pattered on my bedroom window as I sat cozied up in bed, swaddled in the duvet I shared with Hayes. 

The pages of my book were illuminated by my bedside lamp, leaving the rest of the room dim aside from the strip of light spilling in from the washroom. 

The door was half-shut and I could just make out the shape of my boyfriend leaning up to the mirror, inspecting his face.

My focus fell back to my novel, immersing myself in the story as things started to get interesting. 

I shifted a bit, getting more comfortable against the pillows until the washroom door creaked open, causing me to divert my attention to my boyfriend in the doorway.

Hayes tilted his head, bringing his hand up to the back of his neck, deep in thought. He stood shirtless, grey sweats hanging low on his hips, riding up a bit at the ankles because of his tall stature. 

I placed my bookmark on the page and snapped the book shut.

"Yes?" I asked, meeting his gaze.

"I think I should do a face mask," he said bluntly.

"You, you what?" I laughed, leaning onto his side of the bed to turn on a second lamp.

"My skin's all funny," he said, rubbing his jaw with a worried expression. "I think I should do a mask. Will it help?"

"I mean, yeah, it'll just kind of even your face out a bit," I muttered, tossing the blankets off me and getting out of bed.

"You sure?" he asked as I passed him and slipped into the washroom, opening the cupboard under the sink in search of my masks. "Will you do it too?"

"You want me to do it with you?" I giggled, pulling a potted charcoal mask from my stash and standing in front of him.

"Yeah, and can you maybe put it on for me? Please?" he smiled, tilting his head again.

"Yes Hayes, I will put on your face mask for you," I laughed, hoisting my butt onto the counter and pulling him forward to stand between my knees.

Hayes pulled his headband out of his pocket and slipped it on to keep his hair out of the way. I laughed even more, baffled by how ridiculous this situation was becoming.

I carefully twisted the lid off, dipping my finger in the black paste as Hayes' restless hands found my hips. He leaned in a little closer and quickly kissed my nose.

I broke into a smile, finger still in the little container as his lips began attacking my face. 

Little pecks were messily placed everywhere between the bottom of your chin and the top of your forehead, finally reaching my lips, where he placed four soft kisses.

"Hayes! How can I put this on your face if you won't stop kissing me?" I giggled, trying to push him off soI could apply the mask. He leaned back just enough, keeping his hands planted firmly on my sides.

I started with his cheeks, soon spreading the dark paste over his nose and under his mouth. He closed his eyes, relaxed by the soothing touch on his skin. Once it was completely slathered over his face, I tapped his nose and muttered, "Boop!"

His eyes snapped open as a lazy smile stretched across his cheeks. Leaning to the side a bit, he looked at his reflection in the mirror with a little giggle.

"Okay, your turn," he said. I took more of the paste out of the container and twisted my body to look in the mirror. 

"What? Babe, no," he stopped me, placing a hand on either side of your face and forcing me to face him. "I have to do it to you now."

I laughed but gave in, offering the pot to him and allowing his finger to swipe off the excess product that I'd already taken out from the container.

He brought his right hand to my face, lightly dabbing the cream onto your skin as his tongue snaked out of his mouth in concentration. 

It took him much longer than it had taken me, and his brows were furrowed the entire time. Once he'd finished, he took a step back to look at me, smiling at the finished look.

I hopped off the countertop so we could both wash our hands, meeting each other's gaze in the mirror in all our masked glory. His application on my face was a little messy, but not bad.

"So, what now?" he asked, drying his clean hands on the towel hanging on the door.

"Now we just wait," I responded, running my fingers over his bare abdomen and pushing onto my tiptoes to meet his lips. He gave me a little peck and rested his forehead against mine with a smile.

"Hayes!" I squealed, turning to the mirror. "We're doing face masks, you can't just touch my face."

"But we're both doing the mask," he laughed, meeting my eyes in the mirror. "So mine can touch yours."

I rolled my eyes as I tied my hair into a ponytail, trying to keep my hair off my face.

"I'm hungry, you hungry?" he asked, wandering off into the kitchen and opening the fridge.

Hayes thought it was a great time to make turkey sandwiches, only later realizing that he had to be careful not to get his face mask on the bun. I laughed at his exaggerated mouth movements, trying his best to eat it without making a mess.

"I just don't get how you're eating so easily," he sighed, looking up as I munched away on my sandwich.

"I do this all the time," I mumbled, mouth full of homemade bun as I finished the last of my nighttime snack. "Twenty minutes have passed though, so we can take these off now."

He darted into the washroom ahead of me, coming to a halt when he reached the sink, unsure of the removal process. I laughed, grabbing the facecloth on the faucet of the tub and tossing it to him.

"Soak it with warm water and gently wipe the mask off, then wash your face," I spoke, propping myself up on the countertop again. 

I watched him lean over the faucet, ridding his face of the mask and rinsing out the cloth. 

"Does my face look any better?" he desperately asked, leaning up to the mirror and giving me a nice view of his boxer-brief-clad butt.

"Hayes, it takes time, a face mask isn't just gonna solve your problems," I giggled, hopping off the counter and rubbing my fingertips up the soft skin of his muscular back. He twisted to face me, pulling me up against his warm body.

"But you can," he muttered in my ear, bringing a strong hand down behind me to squeeze my butt.

"What?" I laughed, tilting my chin up to meet his ocean eyes. He leaned down a bit, holding my face as he planted a kiss on my lips.

"You can solve my problems," he repeated, nuzzling his head in my neck.

"We'll see about that," I bit my lip with a smirk, pulling him out of the washroom and into the bedroom.

---

i know i haven't updated in forever, and thanks for getting me to 30K!!! :)

i promise to update EVERY weekend from now on.

(lets see how long that goes)

-s

WC: 1200